GreaseSpot Cafe

Jesus Christ is not God: Interpreting the clearer verses

then one would have to be able to define perfection.. or would one? Perfect sets are easier to define, mathematically. Every element of a perfect set is a limit point of the set.. at least I think. I wonder how much mathematical analysis grew out of theology.. at least some of the terms..

Good consideration, Ham! It's a cinch nobody today knows exactly what the ancients meant!

Love,

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Late to the party on this one.

The verses seem fairly straightforward.

Jesus said that Abraham rejoiced to see Jesus day. It appears that the Pharisees confront Jesus by saying that Jesus is not yet 50 years old so how could he know Abraham.

Jesus answers simply that before Abraham was and I will be what I will be. In other words, at a previous time, Abraham existed, but Jesus is present now and well be what he was called to be. I am not a Greek scholar, but have read that "I will be what I will be" is a more accurate translation than I am.

Just some thoughts on the matter.

Also, just because Theodosius said "this is how it will be" as someone suggested, does not mean in any way that Theodosius was correct.

Again, just the 2 cents of a former TWI figuring things out.