GreaseSpot Cafe

Hidden emotions

Seth R.

Over the past few months I had an emotional break through related to passive aggressive behavior, it's really the best thing that has happened to me in the last 30 years I think. I was having anger issues, anyway I subscribe to Audible for audio books, because I read so much I just don't enjoy thumbing through paper or scrolling a screen when it's a difficult self-help book. So I'm dealing with an unbearable living situation and there is this pattern of actions that make me angry but I can't deal with it directly because of the other person it back fires every time. I do a search for passive aggressive, and find this awesome book "8 Keys to Eliminating Passive Aggressiveness" I'll leave the link here for folks to look at.

Anyway when I first started listening to it I became very angry, LOL I guess I needed this book to help me. After listening to it the 3rd or forth time I started to feel a release, so it helped me uncover a very serious behavior I suppressed emotionally something that is a keystone to my suffering over the last 40 years, way before TWI, and really something so hazardous to my emotional health I couldn't believe I did it and it was a part of my broken "deal-with-it" tool set. So I had to buy another book to heal from this other thing.

So here I am getting ready to turn 46 in Feb. and looking at a new start. I've learned that suppressing emotions is toxic and usually the gate keeper is anger, violently suppressed anger. I'm seeing things differently, and I don't desire to go out of my way to make people angry just to get a rise from them.

Seth

Edited by Seth R.

Over the past few months I had an emotional break through related to passive aggressive behavior, it's really the best thing that has happened to me in the last 30 years I think. I was having anger issues, anyway I subscribe to Audible for audio books, because I read so much I just don't enjoy thumbing through paper or scrolling a screen when it's a difficult self-help book. So I'm dealing with an unbearable living situation and there is this pattern of actions that make me angry but I can't deal with it directly because of the other person it back fires every time. I do a search for passive aggressive, and find this awesome book "8 Keys to Eliminating Passive Aggressiveness" I'll leave the link here for folks to look at.

Anyway when I first started listening to it I became very angry, LOL I guess I needed this book to help me. After listening to it the 3rd or forth time I started to feel a release, so it helped me uncover a very serious behavior I suppressed emotionally something that is a keystone to my suffering over the last 40 years, way before TWI, and really something so hazardous to my emotional health I couldn't believe I did it and it was a part of my broken "deal-with-it" tool set. So I had to buy another book to heal from this other thing.

So here I am getting ready to turn 46 in Feb. and looking at a new start. I've learned that suppressing emotions is toxic and usually the gate keeper is anger, violently suppressed anger. I'm seeing things differently, and I don't desire to go out of my way to make people angry just to get a rise from them.

Seth

Thanks for sharing your insight. :)