GreaseSpot Cafe

How do I back up my computer files?

Recently, I tried backing up files to speed things up and I used a blank CD to put them on The program tells me to "insert removable media" such a disc or a UBS port. I bought a UBS port that works with windows 7 which is my operating system but it didn't work for squat diddlely.

Any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Recently, I tried backing up files to speed things up and I used a blank CD to put them on The program tells me to "insert removable media" such a disc or a UBS port. I bought a UBS port that works with windows 7 which is my operating system but it didn't work for squat diddlely.

Any suggestions?

I tried using another browser. Everything looks fine now. Mozilla Firefox is a lot better experience than Windows to me. Vast contrast. User friendly, clean and uncluttered. It completely changes the experience of using the internet without crowding things up so bad that you can't recognize what's happening! Spam is non-existent.

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy Human WTB,

as i told Twinky on another thread - i'm not an IT guy - but on occasion i am a field technician for IT (IT has no feet but my feet with which to get on site....IT has no hands but my hands to click on tabs just right biglaugh.gif/> )....so i usually try to garner tips and how-tos from them for personal edification of course rolleyes.gif.

concerning your remarks about how to back up computer files - i have a few recommendations; if you're wanting to back up system files of windows 7(this is basically your operating system) , there is a process on Windows 7 that will step you thru it - see my link below - of course there's lots of others out there - just Google for how to and find one that's easiest to understand.

How to geek website on how

if your wanting to back up files of pictures, music, documents, etc. then that USB flash drive you mentioned should be good enough - you'll copy and paste using Windows Explorer; you can also copy files to an external hard drive or network drive, or burn them to a CD or DVD; i don't recall if windows 7 has a media maker that let's you do that; i have windows 10 and had to download a media burning software - i use CD Burner XP;

concerning wanting to have your computer run better i recommend getting CCleaner ; i bought the $39.95 Pro Plus version and use the heck out of the added features like Defrag , file recovery, etc.

CCLeaner website