GreaseSpot Cafe

trying to insert picture

Dot Matrix

Guest Admin

Based on the address you are using, the picture is on your computer. You need to upload it to a webspace in order to post it. Or attach it to the post.

Hello oh knowledgeable admin--

I have no idea how to do this picture thing.

I do not know what a webspace is, I tried to figure this out for close to 9 hours and am exasperated.

I also tried to add it as an attachment and yes that was coming from my computer. I must admit this is beyond my abilities.

Oh well! Thanks for trying to help me!

Dot Matrix

Many patrons of this cafe know not the difference between a byte and a piece of cherry pie.

But learning is still an exciting adventure, and with the very kind assistance in this cafe, such as Sudo's offer, you will be able to do this and amaze the young trick-or-treaters who may think you are outdated. . .

I am sure it's an awesome number of hours people have spent learning and testing the internet/pc-world waters in the comfort zone of Waydale/Greasespot Cafe and other places.

Hopefully,

Kit Soberangelkit.gif

You know what I think? I think some geeks tried to make this hard so the rest of us would stay out of their playground.

But they got my dander up! So I grabbed somebody who know how and squeezed every drop of understanding I could out of them. They, were, of course willing to teach.

I admit I did have 2 technical brain cells to begin with...but I learned. Now I don't think you have any technical brain cells installed...that is that came with the original package. That's okay by me....I started with 2 and now I have quite a bit...and if I have more than you...let me help. (The geek I learned from had a whole brain full of techinical brain cells BTW)

There is hope, I am writing this to let you know that there is, indeed, hope. I have the time for a month or so...so if you want me to help you learn this stuff I will gladly teach you everything I can via email...and maybe some other technicological inventiions (yes, even the telephone is a technocological invention...but I bet you didn't know that)

I am willing to take 3 students and work with them at (more or less) their convenience until Sept 10 or thereabouts. Dot Matrix has first dibs on spot #1. (but you need to email me Dot!)

Any other takers????? The line forms behind Dot!

email me at

krysilis@voicenet.com

This is a serious offer, I'm not kidding. I don't know everything, but what I know, I'll help you learn. This stuff is NOT hard....the geeks just want you to think it is.... It does take logic, and a willingness to try it out...and patience...but it is NOT hard.

Okay, now - who else is in line after Dot. Send me an email to get on the list!

krys

p.s. my friendly geek teacher had to be goaded into this on a bet...he bet I couldn't do it...and somebody else bet I could! true story...mebbe I'll tell it sometime.