GreaseSpot Cafe

What the Bleep?

Belle

Kind of disappointing. With all the resources they apparently had, their claims were monumental but they didn't document a damn thing.

The chiropractor looked a little unstable, I thought - hanging onto sanity by a thread, much like the fictional protagonist, who was on the verge of insanity thanks to an unfaithful husband.

This could have been produced by TWI in some respects. It had the gloss of professionalism, including a decent job by Matlin, but I got the impression the amateurs holding the purse strings were making the final editorial calls. Like Wierwille often meddled with artistic productions, in neo-Stalist fashion, heavy-handedly reinforcing the message at the expense of the medium.

JZ Knight/"Ramtha" spoke of human arrogance. Nobody could match her own as she made numerous unsubstantiated claims without any effort to back them up. Smug and bemused, she prattled on about male physiology and universal truths, as she understood them. She came across as a bit slutty, come to think of it, and it had to be intentional.

RAMTHA__.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dang Satori------- I must have seen a different version of the movie!!

JZKnight------- I thought had some interesting points. The only time I remember her talking about male physiology was when using an example of 'thoughts' having a physical effect on the human body. -- (thinking about sex can cause an erecton) and ...ah... well... I've seen THAT happen!!

No, we saw the same flick. I just asked a lot of critical questions. I'm sure I'd have spoiled it for you.

Song, I'm not sure about where the there you're referring to might be. Are you asking, did I see the movie? Answer: no, I channeled it. Real answer: yeah.

One might think the producers made a "heavy" subject more palatable by making it entertaining. I think the entertainment was a distraction, to divert you from asking reasonable questions, and support your moviehouse "suspension of belief." Like Wierwille's hokey jokes throughout PFAL. Why else did he interrupt the thought process, cover the linguistic tracks of logical fallacies with irrelevant nonsense until it was too late to go back and trace them? Because he was a gifted humorist? I think not.

The Polish wedding scene was a good example of this. It was a poor illustration of the addictive reflex, among other points it pretended to make, and I can only think its true purpose was to prevent you from assessing what they'd said so far. Call me a cynic, I expected far better, but a cult is a cult, and what do we expect from a cult? Ramtha or any other.

We went to Asheville to play ---to make sure the mountains were still there----to see the Fall colors...and to see What The Bleep again.

I am still sort of in amazment that this is in the mainstream (sorta) theaters..........

Satori--- I would have LOVED to see the movie with you! There is no way you could 'spoil it for me'. Whats to spoil? And it would have been a great conversation afterwards!!

I know that JZ Knight does the Ramtha thing-- but that was not what she brought up in the movie. So-- I dont understand why you think this all has a 'cult' feel to it.

any way-- we just got home-- its late------- more later!