GreaseSpot Cafe

32 Years Ago this week.....

WhiteDove

The Moody Blues hit the top ten with this song a Rock n Roll classic. Nights in White Satin written by Justin Hayward. Released in 1967 it did not sell well because of it's length until 1972 when songs like the Beatles Hey Jude and Clapton's Layla paved the way for it's rerelease.

What inspired Justin Hayward to write this song which remained a musical sleeper for 5 years? Ok I mean besides the drugsicon_biggrin.gif:D-->

By the way although it has become part of the song nowdays the poem at the end was recorded separately. It is called Late Lament and was written by their drummer, Graeme Edge. The poem was read by keyboard player Mike Pinder.

Breathe deep in the gathering gloom

Watch lights fade from every room

Bedsitter people look back and lament

Another day's useless energy's spent

Impassioned lovers wrestle as one

Lonely man cries for love and has none

New mother picks up and suckles her son

Senior citizens wish they were young

Cold-hearted orb that rules the night

Removes the colors from our sight

Red is grey and yellow white

And we decide which is right

And which is an illusion?

I think this was in 95 or 6 when we had a new lc show up suddenly, now in all fairness to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness I'm fairly certain the origional members had already split up, but I still missed one heck of a good concert, altho a few years later I got to see Roger Waters do HIS thing which was most excellant icon_smile.gif:)-->

mizzz alfakat and I saw them in Stockton at the old Fox theater a couple summers ago. Great show and the crowd was a hoot, too -- great mix of young and old, parents with teenage and older kids. The show was too short, of course but well, well worth it...

them is Moody Blues, that is...

Saw the Moody Bues a year or so later at Chastain and had a GREAT time too icon_smile.gif:)-->

It was the first time (during the intermission) that I saw ladies breaking the ranks of propriety and make use of the shorter lines in the mens room icon_eek.gificon_smile.gif:)--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

most interesting indeed and quite decent and in order icon_razz.gif:P-->

"It was the first time (during the intermission) that I saw ladies breaking the ranks of propriety and make use of the shorter lines in the mens room"

herbiejuan, all my concert experiences always offered the ladies respective ussage facilities available to the stand up shakers, especially unto protection the ladies who needed the propriety a short line.

quote:
most interesting indeed and quite decent and in order

10-4

respect

I have been offered "pee line jumps" the ladies room, but only because I had to really pee. There are no urinals a "ladies bathroom" ~~~ but really enjoyed the relief to sit & P...

oh well, so the experiences travel~~~ put the lid down!!!

a person has a right to realise to p outside their pants~~~

Edited by oneyedjackswild1 ps

quote:
Originally posted by herbiejuan:

Saw the Moody Bues a year or so later at Chastain and had a GREAT time too icon_smile.gif:)-->

It was the first time (during the intermission) that I saw ladies breaking the ranks of propriety and make use of the shorter lines in the mens room icon_eek.gificon_smile.gif:)--> icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

most interesting indeed and quite decent and in order icon_razz.gif:P-->

Did you know that they are starting to put urinals in ladies' rooms???

And did you know that there are websites and tutorials and and pamphlets and everything to teach women how to pee standing up??? For real!!!