GreaseSpot Cafe

Your vote...the Beast?

JoeBeliever

Actually dmiller, you have lots of credibility, with me anyway, mainly because despite our differences of opinion and differences in what we believe, we have always had civil conversations including when we vehemently disagree. But 100% dmiller? - this magician guy as a possible "beast"?

Now to Joe Believer:

Let's go to your closing remark to me: "Understand better, now?" - Joe, Joe, Joe. I understand perfectly. My question did not imply that there was no such thing as spirit manipulation, or "real" magic; it suggested that your inability to spot a trick did not necessarily mean that there wasn't a trick. Now, do you understand better now?

And another thing, what do you mean by "You might not have ever been out of Nebraska or maybe you have, I don't know"? Are you suggesting that if I hadn't ever been out of Nebraska then I would somehow be less able to spot the "spirit manipulation"? Pretty arrogant of you. (If that's what you were suggesting that is)

And one more thing: since the "true" God is lord of the universe and omnipotent and all that, why is it dangerous that supposedly inferior spirituality is available?

quote:
posted by me:

At the risk of losing any shred of credibility I may have here --- I agree with Joe Believer 100%, unequivocally.

Gotta "qualify" my statement -- what I said, and what was inferred, are two different entities.

I was NOT agreeing to "who the beast is". I WAS agreeing to the other post by Joe (above mine from whence this quote was taken).

What I DO agree with (100%), is the fact there is a serious deficit in seeing the "Wonderful Works Of God" (ie. -- Miracles), in evidence, here in America --- whereas they seem to be more in abundance in the countries around the world that are poor in wealth, yet rich in faith.

You surely will not hear Dan Rather, or any of the other "main-stream" newscasters talk about such instances, but you might want to check out

The Voice Of The Martyrs to get a more balanced perspective of what is actually happening to Christians who are standing up for their faith, and not "just going to church".

It is folks like these, that are seeing deliverance in the physical realm, that somehow seems to elude those of us who are "more blessed in other areas".

THAT was what I was alluding to, and in 100% agreement with. Nothing more, nothing less. "The Beast" is gonna come (someday), and since he/she/it has nothing to do with where I spend eternal life, I don't even think twice about who it may be, cause I just don't care.

I (for one), am more concerned about getting my act together, before the final curtain call. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Seems like most of what TWI pointed out as devil spirit possession was really mental illness. Or disagreeing/disobeying leadership...Oh, and fat people, arthritic people, welfare/disability people, people in the arts...People Not Like Us.

dmiller--I never take my troubles to the GSC prayer forum--I know that many Christians think nothing of tacking on stuff like--"and help her find her way back to Christainity"-- type stuff, which I feel is manipulative. I have another place to go to for support/healing etc. Since there are so few non Christians on GSC, I must say I'm surprised to hear they hang out in the prayer forum with requests.