GreaseSpot Cafe

The Amityville Horror

Raf

"Fortean Times" had an edition devoted

to the subject of Amityville a few months ago.

The murders that took place in that house

are certainly chilling and full of interesting mysteries. I think the ghost stories are fictitious, especially after the Warren ghosthunter-team got involved.

Speaking of the Warrens, have you ever seen "A Haunting in Connecticut" on the Learning Channel? (they play it from time to time).

I thought it was well done - and very creepy,

for a "documentary" (whatever embellishments it certainly contains).

The parents in that story were dumber than a box of rocks - they forced their sons to sleep in a bedroom in the basement, which was previously a morgue.

They'll make a full-blown movie out of that someday.

• 2 weeks later...

Make sure they know Long Island is a BIG place. And I don't know how hospitable the family would be, though they've been dealing with drive-bys for years.

No ghosts. Just gawkers.

Some evil house. Ghosts must have left when the Lutzes moved out.

Raf, my folks are in Levittown ( lived in the same house for over 50 years ) so it's not that far. We'll just do a drive by, maybe stop and take a picture to show their friends here in Illinois. Wish we had done it on the last visit before the remake came out. I'm surprised the county hasn't bought the house and turned it into a tourist attraction. They could make a lot of money, especially around halloween.