GreaseSpot Cafe

Jesus Christ and Earthquakes...

J0nny Ling0

Originally posted by Abigail:

"Imagine it! No more ghastly mornings like 9/11, no more ghastly incidents like this devastating earthquake which when it is all said and done, will probably have killed well over 100,000 fellow humans. No more WW I's or II's, or a looming WW III, with nukes and all. No more pestilences like the Black Plague, leprosy, cholera, or today's major fear word disease, cancer. No more AIDS, MS, muscular distrophy, leukemia, heart attacks to fear, car wrecks, late night emergency room visits, calls by the police in the middle of the night when one is informed that a loved one was just killed, murdered, or raped. No more rapes, no more child molestations. "

I would love to see an end to those things as well. I also think it is within the scope of humanity to bring an end to most of them.

Just how is our sin-stained species going to do that? We have a propensity to do evil. Only God's intervention individually will we see a better place.

I also think, no more Christmas mornings watching my children's faces light up as they open their presents. No more afternoons watching them figure out how to balance on ice skates and eventually succeed. No more holding hands with my 1000Names or cuddling with him on the couch. Nope, I'm just not ready to give those things up yet.

You don't to be with God for eternity and having the gang around to share it with?

Def,

"Well, when you believe in afterlife and that's your goal, then getting it started with a flourish is something fun to look forward to."

I do believe in an afterlife, but it is not my goal. Right now my goal is to make the most of the life I have been given right here and now.[/quote

Abi I do too. I worry about rapture talk, end-times talk. My purpose now is work for Him here. When the next life comes, there will be new challenges.

Funny what you lie in bed and think about when you can't sleep because last night I was thinking about this thread. I thought I should also add that I agree with everyone who said we shouldn't live in wonderland just sitting around and waiting.

But, it would be cool to see stadiums filled with revival and so many people getting healed that they can't have ballgames there anymore icon_smile.gif:)-->