GreaseSpot Cafe

Cult Makes National News

Belle

ex, yes, his mom is the leader and his parents were their MOGFARTS. He was supposed to take over when the time was right and he was considered the "prince" of the organization.

herbiejuan, yes, they are also called "the family" and have undergone a few other name changes I believe.

Reading their "statement" on GMA's website it reads a lot like something TWI would say. (I'm paraphrasing: We have been liberal in our views on sex and when we learned that people were using that as an excuse to hurt people we came out with a statement that behavior along those lines was absolutely inexcuseable.)

Hellooooo!! What NORMAL organization has to even tell people what's acceptable and what's not regarding sex???? icon_confused.gif:confused:--> I'm reminded of the latest family class in TWI - bestiality is wrong - sex outside of marriage is wrong - icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:--> You really need to tell people these things???

Just before I got involved with twi I was involved with what was then called Moses David/Children of God. That was back in '73.

My friend and I went to a "meeting"...a big one...held at a local ball park. One of the pamphlets we received was a teaching titled "Holy Holes".

It had drawings of a little boy and a little girl, both about 7 or 8 years old. The diagram was pointing out all of their "Holy Holes". Yep...it included vagina on the little girl and anus on both the boy and the girl.

The "teaching" was about how holes are holy and are to be used as holy sphincters to "receive holiness".

Even I figured there was something wrong with this and turned the pamphlet over to my parents...who promptly called the FBI.

The day they came to get me (we had arranged that I would crawl out my bedroom window and run off with the group), I was sooooooooo glad my parents had had me watched. The two guys who came to get me were promptly arrested...as were as many of the group that could be found.

The problem the law faced then was that once someone joined, they were required to take on a new name...and never answer to their old names.

It was a pedophile ring back then.

Sigh.

There was a girl a year or two behind me in grammer school that joined up with a group when she was 15 (this was a few years after grammer school). She ran off to Oregon or Washington state I believe and sex seemed to be the central theme. When she came back 8 months later she had changed considerably.

In the proper Roman Catholic tradition no one spoke openly of her experiences but it was common knowledge that underaged sex within the group was ok as evidenced by this friend of mines experience there.

I've wondered what ever became of that girl, she obviously had things going on in her life before she joined this group, I hope she found some answers.