GreaseSpot Cafe

Blending in

Shellon

Blending in. Something I'm really good at. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Of course, in my case, I end up startling people who don't know I'm there until I say something, or they almost walk into me. So I can see how he got away with it. icon_eek.gif

Still, the staff at that school definitely needs to be more alert to strangers. However, with 2,300 students in attendance, it would be very hard on even the sharpest teacher or principle to spot someone hiding in that size crowd. icon_cool.gif

Technobyte

Not only does this school need to beef up security, but the teachers could use a kick where the sun doesn't shine.

I cannot IMAGINE a new student being in my classroom and I never venture to get his name, see his id, or check on his schedule. The teachers at this school just LET someone in their classroom whom they did not KNOW????

Unbelievable.

(...and a major opening for real harm to come to students in this school if the staff is THIS incompetent)

Then they need to re-organize their study hall. I have NEVER overseen a study hall in high school or anywhere else where kids could just come and go and were not accounted for in an attendance book or computer program.

Even in after school study halls, each student is accounted for and verified. It's required for liability purposes both legally and educationally.