GreaseSpot Cafe

Fake events for "outreach"

JustThinking

P-mosh,

The other approach I've seen is to put those priorities in a teaching only but ignore them day-to-day. If you keep information in a vacuum, it makes it easier to twist each piece to fit the situation. That way, if there is a problem then they can say "well, we told you..." Now will they ever say, if you're at fellowship too much, you should spend more time with your family? No way!

Responding to the original question:

I remember hearing the FC ask for ideas on outreach, or names of people we were trying to win just before a class was to run. Depending on who it was they might just say that a class was coming up, if there was anyone you thought was interested...don't let em' slip yr mind or something like that. But others...(ESP back in Martindaly era) said remember two by two, weakness always brings down... unequally... redeem the time... you follow. These leaders wanted a card or wanted the person discarded. (in my new area this has changed)

In the last year events for my area have consisted of some dances, a few games nights, mostly get togethers to watch sports, etc...maybe you could count moving too since a lot of ministry people turn out for that. But the main theme has been hanging out...no leadership role per se.

____

Most inappropriate? 5 - 10 years back I remember when people would move they would have work friends help etc. The FC would turn that time with a captive audience into a "life lessons" teaching. It wasted time, got on the friends nerves, (and some of ours) and looked desperate... I didn't personally like the sort of people that approach usually worked on.

Edited on June 16th for clarity

Edited by learning

Door to door

Malls

More door to door

More malls

but see the thing was none brought in new people

yet we kept doing it

over and over and over again...

talk about denial

One twig I knew of ran 2 pfals and one int class without using door to door or mall witnessing but then it relied heavily upon folks estblished for years in the community, something thewayofsilliness blew off years ago.

Ummm, learning, can I ask, are you still an innie?

If so, I must caution you - don't divulge any identifying information whatsoever. Be very very careful. The WayGB has prying eyes, and will even falsify information, telling a different lie to each region, in order to trip up innies that post here and catch them.

We have posters here that have experience with the WayGB.

If you're not an innie, then my apologies. You just sound like one - your verb tenses and such. But the warning is still valid to any innies that post here.

I was jsut thinking about that the other day ,herbyjauna.

In the later years I think they realised that door to door didn't work, so they would say it is not our responsibility that people believe but it is our responsibility to speak and going door to door helped get red of that fear and forces you to speak. Your at someone's door...I guess you'd better say something.

If the message is the important thing and the proper delivery for the best impact means nothing then why not just be one of those crazy people on the corner spouting their wacked beliefs. After all that you speak is the important part. right?

lol, They don't want to look crazy. Little do they know everyone already thinks that.

WERD!

OMFGLOL!!! Although i was outta there as soon as i turned 18, i gotta PLETHORA of CRAPPY memories involving "outreach events." The mall "skits", "holiday parties", "picnics", "walk in the parks"...

GAG ME WITTA FORK! I am glad i never successfully lured anyone into it. Course, i didn't ever believe the filth...i just played along for my moms'.