GreaseSpot Cafe

A First Impression of TWI

searcher

searcher,

The general approach when I left (about 18 months ago) was:

1. Start with any recent teaching distributed by the Way. (Tape, magazine, etc.)

2. Read and memorize the highlights

3. Do a little research (optional) to look for other information which backs up the material. Anything contradicting it is not to be mentioned.

4. Choose section of teaching that will fit into alloted time (roughly 20 minutes for local home meeting. Time is unlimited if you are a full time leader)

5. Prepare expository teaching (by imitating approach of Way leaders) on this material as if it were your own.

6. Always use the same format:

a. Summary statement

b. 3 points with one or two verse per

c. Summarize material "taught."

7. ALWAYS give credit to Way leader's material you are using.

8. ALWAYS thank host leader for "opportunity to teach."

9. ALWAYS expect polite applause at end.

10. Never expect questions as it is likely everyone there has read same article or listened to same tape.

quote:
A multi level preaching organisiation seemingly based on the multi level/pyramid scams.

Sorry you guys, I came into this thread late. I had to laugh when I saw the first impression Searcher had on TWI.

My ex-husband was waiting for a prescription one day, and a man approached him like he wanted to befriend him. This man had an agenda to introduce and indoctrinate my ex on Amway. This was back in 1994, and I believe Amway had their own undersheparding program they started back then.

When this Amway guy found out my ex was part of a ministry, he got excited and told my ex he would attend a public explanation of PFAL. I'm sure he thought it would be a huge expansion to his network of "friends". The Amway guy ended up leaving the public ex because he realized he was dealing with real hard balls. It was almost like he ran away naked and wounded....LOL....That was for you pfal fans.

We all know how hard these multi-level marketing people can be to get rid of. I've lost friendships in the past because I stood my ground to not get involved. If only I had been so strong when I took that damn pfal class, but I couldn't even say no to the Kirby vacuum salesman. I would let them come in and vacuum, clean whatever they wanted, sign their contract, and then couldn't pay cuz I was a broke young adult....icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

My ex-friends were trying to convince me I would have prosperity and everything I ever wanted out of life. The big dogs of Amway came to see how the newbies interacted with recruits and then "repoved" them on their techniques so they could win someone the next time. I think Amway is a cult....

I remember a line we used in door-to-door witnessing: "Are you interested in increasing the power of God in your life?" We had many say yes and give us a fake phone number only to get rid of us. Of course, we went back to knock on their door, but they never answered again. Geez, I'm so glad I don't do that crap anymore.

Anyway, I thought that was a good example to show how determined these darn wayfers are compared to Amway people.