GreaseSpot Cafe

Getting Mental Help in TWI

shazdancer

(((((((rascal))))))),

backatcha

I will be posting in bold.

You posted September 14, 2004 18:20

((((watered garden))) that was not minor...the pressure to abandon your child....the harrassment for not obeying must have been unbearable...the frustration of needing help and not being able to get it from those you depended on....I am so sorry.

(((Song))) How awfull...to heartlessly refuse to do that funeral...to compound your families pain was so selfish....even if they BELIEVED that the child was never alive...what would it have hurt them to provide you and your wife with some measure of comfort??

It was heartless when I look back. But then it was THE WORD ya know.

There was support to my wife (been ex for 17 years and wonderful friends) and I during the pregnancy.

But afterwards>>> all were eerily quiet ~~~ And no one from the area attended the funeral, not even from my twig in which I was the assistant. Yes, we received cards from the "believers". Family and close friends friends were there though. I should have known then to leave (as the other times), but it was THE WORDya know.

I understand your loss...any Mom who has felt her baby move in her womb understands.....twi was wrong.....I am sorry...anywhere else you guys would have been treated as befits grieving parents.

That is compassion of words. Thank you rascal.

We were offered, BY THE HOSPITOL, couseling, but we refused and opted for the "comfort" of THE HOUSEHOLD. Yes, "believers" did come to our home and comforted us as best they could, but the "VEIL" was upon ours and their hearts.

A majority of us had been friends since childhood and neighborhoodering. I can DOCUMENT this gig to da BONE!!!

BLInDERs OFTHE WORD ya know,

THE WORD.

I understand your delema with possession as well...when I was declared posessed at 18 ...I didn`t know where to turn...I had already disowned my natural man family....I couldn`t go to a psychiatrist..what did THEY know about devil spirits?...Shoot I didn`t even know how or when I had become posessed....I had the former bc`s full confidence when they left three months before.

Yepper. Thank you. Dig it!!!

When I entered TWI I was of sound mind & body.

When I left, well I was TWIOGNOSED PoZzEZzeD @ age 41.

Figure that one out.

Delima: "Who would understand me?"

Mutual

Afterall I knew THE WORD THE WORD AND NOTHING BUT THE WORD!!!!!!. (I beleive it was more like much learning hath made me mad icon_wink.gif;)-->)

But when one believes THE WORD -

in to ones bones! -

that one can not but speak

THE WORD THE WORD THE WORD AND NOTHING BUT THE WORD

AND THEN labeled POSSESED , well what the frocK eH!

What the good prudence I suppose to think about meself eh?

Of course!

I accepted that i was possesed. Talk about a mind bender... whew ( icon_mad.gif laugh machine upper story)

any one wanna take me on

I previously had been told that if I went back to my home state, that I would die spiritually ...but that was all that was left for me...as I had been ordered to leave the home that I had rented...leaving it to the bc`s along with all of the furniture...dishes ...the utilities and such in my name....no money for new deposits or rent...so I went home brokenly assuming that I was to die....no where to turn for help....wondering if I should just drive into the red river to kill myself in case I were to infect others with my devil spirits.

Ahhh yeah... THE>>> GET OVER IT ~~~ BEAR DOWN AND GRIN IT ole drive the mind deep into the pit of desponDANCEY & despair because they KNOW the de-PEN-DANCE we had for TWI's THE MEAT OF THE WORD.

They already MILKED us!!!

Then alienation from TRUE HOUSEHOLD OF GOD THE BODY OF CHRIST (& if i can find the SNS's in my collection, i can prove where LCM subtly claimed he was the President Of The Body Of Christ!!! if that makes any difference icon_eek.gif uhhmmm .,,, unless anyone else has??? Damn I hope so icon_cool.gif )

(breath)

GOD won't even spit in your direction Power To Destroy Peoples Lifes if we want to (breath)

I know you better than you know yourself because we know THE WORD more than you do~~~ DRIVE THE HEATHEN DEVILS OUT FROM AMONG THE FLOCK mind set (ya know what i mean eh)

In a NUT shell. icon_biggrin.gif:D--> I deteriorated quite quickly stature of confidence. My wife & I were in a bit of a predicament. We decided a split for a year. I take care the financial obligations our current residence and she stay with her family four states away with quartly visits. Work it out. Figure it out.

I can only imagine and empathise with those whose lifes were in a far more deleterious position than what I experienced considering deeplythe testimony of others here at GSC.

I understand having no where to go for help.

Thank you.

But NOW is a whole different story, eh rascal!!!

I received the PROFESSIONAL help i so needed.

And my Beautiful Blushing Bride Darling Wife (oh, yeah, we did reconcile a year later icon_biggrin.gif:D-->)

had more than I can ever fathom the love, kindness, compassion, empathy her

heart of hearts to reach

into my deepest soul of despair, mental anguish and depression

and such the thoughts what life am I.

AND pull me from that quickquicksand of insanity

and assist me to the help I needed.

Friend To Da BONE Toes In The Sand FRIEND!!!!

(I hope that was not a bit of a tad to mellowdramatic icon_wink.gif;)-->

Also, I am ever grateFULL to all here that I have had the opportunity to read. And I do mean ALL.

Of course that may require a little more explaining,

but I leave that statement as it stands.

Sing Along With Song icon_cool.gif

and a 1 ana 2 ana 3 & FOUR

BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I ROK N ROLLED

YEAH!

icon_cool.gif

Edited by oneyedjackswild1 ps

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is the problem I saw with some in twi, the whole making what they thoughtthe bible (the word?) may have said bigger than loving one another.

Jesus never said make yourself into intellectual giants with your ideas of what the bible may or may not mean, and it is ok to fight and strife over the definitions with power plays of who must be right or wrong .

Jesus said To love one another. that was and is His commandment.

Folks who know very little chapter and verse are just as loved and blessed by Jesus Christ in life.

I think twi worshipped the bible at times and turned into it into a idol to be adorned as a who is who of the Im a real chrisitan and your not game. very religous .

They could have loved you and your wife and baby and had a very nice memorial service to grieve your loss. Why did everything have to turn into the word and nothing but in Corithians it says if we have not love nothing eles really matters .

I know alot of bible and I am still trying to learn but I do not think it matter to much in life other christians do not know so the conversation can not get into "what it really means" and Im glad I really do not think the bible is to be used as a bullet to hurt one another or to isolate groups into private sects which is how twi used the bible.

Belle -

I've been taking some time to think about your post and the two categories you mentioned. I would like to interject this: Someone who is mentally ill and is looking from relief from their symptoms (cures, answers, etc.) - looking to MOGs is not out of the ordinary.

(Don't take this as my going off on you or anything of the sort - I agree with your statements, but I think your statements are better applied to someone who is in good mental health. I don't think they really could work for someone who was not.)

Ever wonder why there's so many different types of psychotropic drugs on the market? Because there's so many types of mental illness and so many side effects from these drugs that drug companies are still working to develop new ones. Interestingly enough, many of the old drugs, such as lithium, or some of the old treatments, such as shock treatment, are still found to be effective.

It is almost excepted by medical professionals in this field that mentally ill patients will skip, overdose, stop or experiment with their medications. Many patients feel that since there are no "answers" or "cures" that this is perfectly acceptable.

So, when medicine fails them, they look elsewhere. Some go to alternative medicine, some go looking for spiritual answers.

To the mentally ill patient who discovers TWI, who teaches even its newest members that mental illness is DEVIL POSSESSION - viola! They suddenly have an answer. They are taught that when they receive holy spirit that they are made whole - isn't that what they were looking for with the other treatment they've been seeking?

But then they're put in the hands of "trained leaders" who, as you put it, seem to have their best interests in mind. These leaders know nothing or very little about the real illness these people may suffer from - I know of no instances where a twig coordinator asked someone for a copy of their medical records - and they offer them "counsel". The leaders are playing with fire.

I remember when I took the advanced class for the first time - I believe it was in 1991 and it was VPW's class on tape - it was driven into our little heads that we are to NEVER tell someone to stop taking their medication - that's for them to decide. HOWEVER, leadership had no problem melting someone's face, as some have posted about on this thread, for seeking treatment from a medical professional because of their or their family member's mental problem. They wouldn't have told a diabetic that he or she was wrong for needing to take insulin - why would they tell someone with depression not to take zoloft?

In a nutshell - they didn't want to appear weak, no matter the individual, circumstances or situation. Additionally, those who thought they'd found answers in the beginning of their relationship with TWI, placed their trust and allegence with TWI & its leadership. They were in a desparate situation and had a few answers - but not exactly what they needed for true physical wholeness. I'm sure in some cases, that these people's loyalty cost them their jobs, families and even their lives.

Sorry this post was so long - I lived with someone with untreated mental illness for a long time. I've had some time to think about him and his illness - tried to understand why he was who/what he was. I hope he's gotten treatment, but I know he was trying to get back into TWI, so he may have done the "I'm healed!" routine - which I heard a million times...