GreaseSpot Cafe

What is TWI like now?

shazdancer

Thanks, sky and Belle. It would have been laudable that some wanted to stand with "the ministry" and maybe help it get better, but since it essentially hasn't changed for some 15 years (and was corrupt long before that), isn't it time to say enough is enough?

At best, they think they are the faithful remnant -- at worst, they would rather just toe the line than think independently. Perhaps some feel smug in being part of the "right" group, while ignoring the fact that their "right" group is robbing their dignity. Sad.

Regards,

Shaz

PS -- I am not including those who have more legitimate reasons for still being "in" as part of this discussion, such as those who have family members who still follow TWI. My ex is not one of those.

Geeze

My husband and I got our eyes smacked wide open when we went on staff in 1982 and saw how entrenched the corruption was. We left, went back to Chicago and prayed for a change back then. Even tried to enlighten a few choice people about the undercurrents at HQ and all that got us was ostracized-- back then they didn't M&A you, they allowed you to come to meetings-- even required it-- and snubbed you to your face. We stuck around to help Craig pick up the pieces after POP because he indicated to me his sincerity to want to change... and all it got us was a lot of hell and headache in the longrun, and we stuck around 15 years longer than we should have.

If people STILL think TWI is gonna change......my GAWD!

Equity Rescue at it's worst!

My brother in law bought a house and no longer is "worthy" of running a fellowship. Why did he buy a house? So he could find a place big enough for all his kids PLUS take in his ailing and aging mother, like the Word SAYS you're supposed to do or you are an "infidel".

So he's stuck either way. He's an infidel if he doesn't take care of his mother, and he is unworthy of leadership if he DOES.

How's THAT for TWI so lovingly putting a grad who's been "faithful" for decades between a rock and a hard place?

And oh-- my mother-in-law has written me several times about wanting her son to take her to CFF so she can see Geek teach!

Yeah,like THAT is gonna happen.

Actually, it's pretty damned sad that her own Son won't take her to see his brother teach God's Word, which he professes to obey.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm............

And a 90-some-odd year old mother is kept from the joy and pride of seeing her son by some ugly cornfield cult who could care less about her.

I've been trying not to say anything about this for some time, because she's not my mother. But compassion begs me to speak out against an ugly hateful organization that would deprive an old woman of fellowship with one of her sons.

So your brother-in-law would have to borrow someone else's house and pay them a premium for such to remain in good standing.

What a bunch of idiots TWI is.

Like signing a contract to pay a monthly charge for a fixed period of time (aka, a lease) is not debt. Only in TWI's accounting world.

Because my brother in law had a wife, and 4 children, mostly teenagers at home, PLUS his mother, he needed a house with a lot of bedrooms. Most rentals are at the most 3 BRs. It's rare to find them larger unless you go into renting huge, huge homes that would be suitable for someone with the bank account of a corporate executive.

Since my brother in law could not afford to RENT a home big enough for his family, he needed to BUY one, which necessitated the mortgage, which according to TWI disqualified him for leadership.

So, yes, TWI would prefer that he BORROW a home by renting one at a much higher premium. But my brother in law doesn't make enough money to do that.

He did, however qualify for a mortgage that allowed him to buy an older home with lots of bedrooms, so that he could accommodate his entire family plus his mother without living in complete squalor.

For this, he is disqualified according to TWI of leading a home fellowship.

Funny, I read qualifications for leadership in Timothy a little differently.

Sadly, my brother in law is bending over and taking it in the rear from TWI on this one.

Why?

Learned helplessness, equity investment, you name it. Too much invested in TWI, too scared to leave the "protection of the household," the pride of having been with TWI for several decades, etc.

He may not be able to be a leader in the fellowship, but can still look down his nose at others who left the only minsitry that "has the Word."

Oh, and as far as the leasing vs. buying controversy...

According to Mark Wallace, holy representative of The Only Ministry in The World With The Rightly Divided Word...

Leasing a HOUSE is not a debt.

Leasing a CAR IS debt.

When I asked him what was the difference, because if you broke either lease you were liable for money prescribed in the contract, all I got was a bunch of hostility, steam, smoke, and mirrors.

Catcup,

Very sad. So leasing a car is debt too now? At one point, it wasn't because it was for business. That is actually what I was told.

One of my really annoying questions to them was about credit cards. I use it and am therefore am in debt until the payment is made. The ruling was made that if you pay no interest, it isn't debt. (Pay off in full by the end of the month)

So... drum roll please...

How about 0% financing on a car?!

No way! It's a bribe, donchaknewwww. You'll be a slothful spot by 11:45 or something like that. No consistency whatsoever.

JT

Of course, your brother could always kick the two oldest kids out of the house so he'd only need 3 bedrooms, slap his mom into the cheapest nursing home he could find, and be considered righteous and godly according to the cornfield cult.

I hope he wakes up and tells them to put it where the sun don't shine!

This is so pathetic. Jesus, nails in hands and feet, dying on the cross, called on his most trusted friend to take care of his mom.

He's doing the right thing and I sure hope he knows it. And takes her to hear Geek teach.

WG

I'm sure he knows he's doing the right thing by his Mom..... but fat chance on the latter.... he's having too much fun looking down his nose at those of us who "no longer stand with the ministry."

See, he's got to have SOMEBODY to look down on, because since being busted back to no leadership position, he's now as low as you can go in the organization without being booted out. It's his only way to feel righteous and spiritual about what he is doing.