GreaseSpot Cafe

What has "the word" cost you?

Ham

Just makes me feel sorry for some of the "poor devils".. boy, deprogramming sure was a devilish thing to do to anybody. I agree. Caused worse problems than what it attempted to "fix". Parents I know (my aunt and uncle) tried to do that to my cousin. I cut myself off from them for many, many years. But, the kid forgave them and helped to reconcile the family.

I don't know. Anybody who says there are no regrets in life must be kidding themselves. Once, I thought the organization was worth a little sacrifice. Looking at what it has become sure makes me think I made the wrong decision..

While I won't get into what it has cost me (Because I like where I am today) I will say that "da verd" has cost people probably more than they think. Mostly because it is written in a way that makes it easy for groups like twi to exist. The controlling aspects we all learn to hate are just a fine line away from tha love in the Bible. Sometimes its on the same side of the line. Not sure yet if that is a bad thing or not. Can't always be good. But it is what it is.

And what a fine line it can be, indeed. I witnessed first hand how some who perhaps had a love for God, bible, and believers turned into meddlers and sellers of petty (and often not-so petty) indulgences, and changed from being servants to being meddlers. Interesting they turned into what they apparently loathed.