GreaseSpot Cafe

Where's da beef?

Ham

I don't know if anybody else remembers the old Wendy's commercial. The competition showing off their wonderful and best newest burger. Can't see the patty with a magnifying glass.. the little old lady counters their claims with "where's the beef?"

Kind of makes me think of Da Vey's claims. "We teach our people how to have power in their lives". Where's the beef? When is the last time ANYBODY in that organization honestly and genuinely manifested the power of God and heal anybody? Raise anybody from the dead? Work a real miracle, other than "believing" for a parking place in front of a store?

Exies suggestion on another thread got me going on this.. drag your dead dog to "twig" and ask if they can raise it from the dead.. heh heh. Cripe, they couldn't even jump start a stinking dead dog, no less a human being.

So what's up? Do they not even believe in "da manifestations" any more? I did ask these kind of questions when I first started going to twig.. answers I got were vague. "We don't tell everybody about it because we don't want people to just come to get healed. They need to hear the verd" was one explanation I heard.

Seems the miracles in Acts were ones that "shook the community". Ones that could not be denied. Getting your favorite parking place need not apply.

So where are all the miracles? All da power? Or are they Vey words, crafted to carefully explain the lack therof?

The only time I ever heard about raising da dead.. an old vey leader went in a funeral parlor, said "stand back" and "In da name of JC, get up" and nothing happened. Guy was still as dead and as cold as you can get.. just practicing, I guess.

I remember going to twig in Manhattan sometime in the middle to late 1980's. Before fellowship, I asked the coordinator to please minister to me, cause I was feeling really crappy all that day. He said: well no, you need to hear the Word, and you will get healed.

About 5 minutes later, with a concerned look on his face, he called me over and apologized, and said how foolish he was for thinking that, that I came to twig to be blessed and healed.

So he ministered to me then, before the teaching, and I felt a whole lot better.

I respected him alot for catching and correcting himself in what was less than God's best. icon_smile.gif:)-->

One of the guys in our fellowship, just thinking of taking "da class"- looked awful. Really really sick. I prayed for the guy, and he got really excited. Jumping up and down. Then he said to his friends, "I had the worst hangover of my life. I can't believe it, he knocked it out of me! It's gone!" I do not think he was faking; he looked like a spring chicken.

Never know what happened to the guy- but had I known he got drunk as a skunk I don't know if I would have done it..

I don't claim that miracles don't happen. Just not in the place called "da vey", at least now, at least not that I've seen. They are so helpless that they can't go to the store on their own, have to have somebody read their bible for them (practically anyway), and check every significant and insignificant decision in life with their immediate superiors. Just to be a volunteer.

They who claim to be doing the works of Jesus Christ- cripe, wouldn't know a miracle if it bit them in the a**.