GreaseSpot Cafe

FYI

Danny

hhrl Christmas 1980 the corps handlers were supose to go to Lead. Were supose to do the deal like us low lifes. They stole a van from HQ or used it with out the ok. You know they couldn't be on the side of the road praying for a ride. Any how they drive to N M and guess who didn't sleep in tents? After there little camp out start back and blow the motor up. They go to the airport and fly back to the 3 places. I think Bob M was driving he payed for the motor.

Hi back

Well depends on what size rocks you are talking about. And why would you carry packs if you sleep in a bed? and shower and eat at a table.

Who was going to evaluate them? Who gives a evaluation on their boss?

Lets put it like this vp was very displeased and came short of spilling it out on all of them to keep the program going. Whole lot of mumbling and who was going to pay for the plane rides and broken van and extras it took to have them there. The money changed hands and the subject was droped.

I also recall in the HQ dining room, VP saying in a loud voice that Craig, Bob M, and others ought to go get a real job for once and see what it's like to be "on the field" and trying to support and care for a family and run a fellowship, etc., because they just didn't get it.

I guess he finally got his wish, if LCM is still working at Bally's and (allegedly) UPS. Well, there is that small matter of his wife and family living in a different location, so he apparently doesn't have to support them and clearly doesn't have to work AND be a husband and father at the same time. But it's a step (ballet leap?) in the right direction. icon_smile.gif:)-->

In many ways vp did get it and understood but let someting else get in the way of doing what was right.

He would go ape on stpid stuff. But have compasion sometimes. He wasn't all bad.

If i were a guessing (purely speculating) Rosie makes sure loy boy is paid also. He knows where the bodies are and the money.

let me jump in on this Family Corpse discussion. icon_wink.gif;)--> loyboy probably does get a stipend of some sort, true enough he does know to much and cover-up monies would be a good idea!!

Also Linda -- Joe Guarini also said each leader on the field should work a real job and know what it was like to run a fellowship, work, have a family etc. He realized how hard it was for us peons to do it all PLUS support them.

What a guy that Joe was, I miss him terribly.

btw imho,

if loyboy was EVEN a smidge smarter than he looked he should have stashed monies long long ago, I mean what the hell did he need money for on staff? His every need was taken care of. He could have been rich just stashing a small percentage of the money they earned!

Hell just getting some it from registration during ROA every year would have been good!

quote:
Lets put it like this vp was very displeased and came short of spilling it out on all of them to keep the program going.

Danny.....I too remember this!

Veepee was at a major crossroads: he saw problems, he saw disgruntled corps coordinators, he saw the pitiful excuses.........yet, veepee remained silent.

He turned his focus elsewhere.....and spent more time riding his harley.

VPW made a similar comment about Tom J. at Gunnison .. that he could run the camp himself in half a day and have the rest of the day to do other things. The fact is, that's pretty much what TJ did ... and spent the other half of the day (at LEAST!) making the lives of the Corps and the Staff miserable.

Do I hear an "amen," Al?

ToadFriend

Friend of the Toad, but not of the Jacka**

quote:
I also recall in the HQ dining room, VP saying in a loud voice that Craig, Bob M, and others ought to go get a real job for once and see what it's like to be "on the field" and trying to support and care for a family and run a fellowship, etc., because they just didn't get it.

The ONE time Bob M had a "real job", he was fresh out school and it consisted of two menial jobs, didn't it? He's not one for "real work". Danny's example says it all. He thinks he's too far above the "average" man.