GreaseSpot Cafe

Notice

Upon checking with an atty, the myths that anything posted on the net is public domain is a myth.

Hereby, as of this posting

All posts of mine are hereby property of this author who goes by a pen name of Dot Matrix

All rights reserved by the author and are not to be used in part or in full on any other site on the intranet, used in an e-mail, or written in any form. Author reserves the right ethically, morally and exclusively. No part or whole of this work shall be reproduced without express written authenticated permission of the author. All writings of this author are not given to Public Domain. Any violation can or will be prosecuted.

As of July 12th, 2004 this has been written public notification

http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html

this has been written in light of all of posts going to another site and being discussed, ridiculed, questioned and/or demeaned.

(Even people's heart felt need for help/prayer has been found on other sites and has been maligned)

DotDotDot... glad you came back... I think we have all agreed here that we are not going to "cross site post quoting" (at least I think that's what I read on another thread).

I checked the website you posted, it looks like it might be "fair use" if you quote to criticise... but I'm no lawyer...

I'm not defending either side... now, do you own the copyrights to the little doggie and the little flag? icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Edited by tomstrange

quote:
Originally posted by Tom Strange:

DotDotDot... glad you came back... I think we have all agreed here that we are not going to "cross site post quoting" (at least I think that's what I read on another thread).

Well, pawtucket doesn't want it, although I personally think it's ok because people posting something publicly should have no expectation that it's kept private.

quote:
Originally posted by Tom Strange:

I checked the website you posted, it looks like it might be "fair use" if you quote to criticise... but I'm no lawyer...

Quoting does fall under fair use provisions of the copyright law, plus the fact that if her interpretation was correct, we would all be breaking the law (herself included) because computer browsers download a copy of the html as cache. The most she might be able to limit is quoting of the full text, but even then she has given up the rights to her words to pawtucket by posting here. On top of that, I seriously doubt that any competent judge would allow a trial over someone cross posting what she says, unless they somehow make a profit off of it. If someone were to sell a book about this site and post entire threads by people as their own, then they could be sued and possibly win. I think that Dot's post here is just something to make her feel good, but has no real legal basis.

• 2 weeks later...

Hereby notice is given that I do consider author who goes by a pen name of Dot Matrix a most wonderful addition to Greasespot Cafe.

So glad you post here.

As of July 24, 2004 this has been written public notification.

This is no joke, only public declaration of what I believe to be true.

Kit Sober