GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Yesterday and today I have been up with my neighbor helping him set up a booth for the 4th of July holiday to sell buffalo meat he raises. I let him cut my pasture for hay so he can get his neophite business off the ground. One sign he has up is "Eat more Buff". Is that catchy or what? I sure get to meet a lot of neat people. I just love sitting and watching people.

Sorry ex we aint witnessing.

Today, toh-YONE, if you will hear my voice,

you will hear it saying:

1. " . . . (drums and guitar intro) . . . I want to hold your ha-a-a-a-a-a-and; I want to hold your hand."

2. "You're not home from a trip until you unpack, and have washed and put away the clothes that you took on your trip."

QUICK, class: Which of our two July 9th Birthday Boys said each quote?

No peeking, and neatness counts.

icon_wink.gif;)-->

The one who said "You're not home from a trip until ..." also said "You should know exactly how many pair of underwear and socks you have and where they are ...".

But I say, "The sun don't shine on one dog's arse forever." And with this, they ceased, comma, saying, comma, got out and do the will of the lord.

We have hundreds of socks; we've never thrown one away.

Now, socks that MATCH . . . oh, that's a different story.

One day, very soon, the local nursery school and kindergarten will open up one morning with a ton of abandoned socks on their front stoop, with a note that says "Puppets in Training."

All they'll need is buttons and markers.

And glitter.

Nothing happens around four-year-olds without glitter.

How do I know?

I'm a veteran of the glitter wars.

It's pretty, and messy, and pretty darn messy.

But it's realllllly, reeeeeeaaallllllly shiny.

icon_smile.gif:)-->

No, Tommy! No!

There is way too much stuff here. I have to go through about 75 boxes from the garage within the next couple of weeks. Stuff-be-gone; that's my new motto.

That's why the nursery school is getting the anonymous donation.

Goodwill, Prevent Blindness, Vietnam Vets, Cerebral Palsy; they're all my good buddies now.

Just stand back, buddy; watch the junk fly.

Love, niKa

niKa, I would've brought the refreshments but I thought the meeting was tonight! Last night I forsook the fellowship of the saints for the fellowship of Simon and Garfunkel... (it was great BTW)

...but you know, I've never understood how old clothes can help prevent blindness... do they take the old socks and shirts and cover their eyes with them so they won't get hurt when poked there?

I'll be there tonight with Zingers and RC Colas!