GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Ooohhh, that game was a sqeaker. They had a chance to score a field goal and tie the game with 15 SECONDS left to play, and their kicker missed it! We'd have had to go to overtime; my poor heart could barely take regular time!

Three very good Florida teams got beaten today; my heart goes out to all of you Floridians. The people in that state know football, thasforsure.

Today, I listened to the candidates running for office and JFK said we need to work to remain united regardless of results and I really thought that was thoughtful to remind us as a nation to stick together. I know this aint no dagburn political page but more of a goof off page to vent our humor. Thanks for letting me share my heart and sound redundant. Most of all, that I can be me, without the structure. Stucture is bad.

I have learned that when I am me, it is not me, but He that is in me, amd me that is in He, you see? As JAL would say, Will The Real You Please Stand Up ...

No need to disect these things ... scalpul, hemostat, sponge, sponge, sponge ...

Take Simon, with his sailor-type language. It is abundantly clear that he speaks as he is pushed around by The Pneuma, The Hagion.

Each of us has our unique way. That is why we can laugh and "get real blessed" here on this our thread.

Well, I need a litttle Pneuma after that election. I'm very sad about it.

Yesterday, I went to lunch with my husband, mainly because misery loves company, and not because either of us was in the mood to be a good conversationalist. Three of his Chemistry colleagues joined us; we were all long-faced. In fact, so many of the professors on campus are that way that the kid in line in front of me at the restaurant turned to his girlfriend and joked about how funny it was that all of the professors were walking around so bummed.

I didn't say anything to him, but thought to myself that maybe he should think through what he'd just said.

But the next moment, I thought that he'd look about right in a Desert Storm suit, and figured that since he might have that in front of him (given the election results), I'd let him have his little joke.

Thanks for the hugs, Exie.

love, niKa

icon_frown.gif:(-->

Ooooh, another close one! We just barely beat Texas A & M; two more to go (fingers crossed) to get to the Big 12 championship, and hopefully (knock wood) the Orange Bowl.

The captain of our defense, a kid named Dan Cody, was evidently so "intense" rousing up his players that he passed out while revving them up. I listened on the radio, but my husband saw it on television, and this kid's veins were popping out, he was shaking his fist, he was waving his helmet around in the other hand, and as soon as he finished the "pep talk" and the defensive line turned around to walk away, the kid's eyes rolled back in his head, and he fell like a Giant Redwood. The defense picked him back up, and he was okay.

Gee, they take this stuff seriously . . ..

icon_mad.gif