GreaseSpot Cafe

9th Corps

notinKansasanymore

Years ago,a mean,miserly,ornery,dastardly and bastardly of a S.O.B. named Joe found out he had only a very short time left to live...So he decided to go to church for the first time in his life and make his peace with God...After sleeping through the sermon,he was wakened by the passing of the collection plate....To avoid further embarassment,he reached into his pocket,through the wad of bills,and grabbed a nickel and tossed it into the plate...

The next day,he died anyway...

When he got up to the pearly gates,he met St. Peter...St Pete said "Name?"...He told him "Joe...Look,St. Peter,I know I didn't live a very good life,but I was just starting to turn it around,and I went to church and even put a nickel in the collection plate the day before I died."...St.Pete says "Hmmmm,I better check with the Big Guy upstairs about you...Wait here."...

St. Pete goes upstairs,knocks on God's door,and after being let in,tells God the story of Joe,then asks "Should we let him in,or not?"....God thinks for a second,then reaches into his pocket,tosses a coin to St. Pete and says "here,give Joe his nickel back and tell him to go to hell"....

Yeeeeeeeouw. We had three more students hospitalized for alcohol poisoning this week. I think that they're mad at the school for making the new booze rules, and they're rebelling their way right into the emergency room. Difference is, we've had soooo much alcohol awareness training since losing a Freshman this year, that now their friends know more about how to recognize the symptoms of alcohol poisoning, and they're being carted off to the hospital.

It's Waaaaaaaay Embarrasing to have one's parents get a middle-of-the-night phone call from the police or the hospital, but that's better than having them get a call from the morgue.

Oh, to be young again! icon_razz.gif:P-->

****not****

I just got back from my TDY (temorary duty) and got to be on a plane and got to witness in the cockpit an air-refueling operation and all the while long seeing that boom come down to refull as the pilots corrected movement on the stab,scared the daylights out me. It was exubriating but so frighenening at the speed and altitude over the terrain.

I need counseling.

You don't need counseling,you need the witnessing and undershepherding class...I'm disappointed in you,fellowshipperinthecockpit,I thought you were starting to say that you 'witnessed in the cockpit' the greatness of the word or the benefits of the class...That's why you were scared...Perfect love casts out fear,and if you were witnessing the word while they were refueling the plane you would also have had the perfect peace that passeth understanding...I don't mean to preach,but like they say,'fear is sand in the machinery of life'...

I agree a lot with what Simon says. When, and where, we have fear in our lives, we cannot have faith.

I'll bet that you read all the newspapers, and watch all the news on television. Ninety percent of EVERYTHING you read in the newspapers and see on TV is NEGATIVE. Let thine eye be SINGLE, just like you are, at least for now, unless you cannot cease from sin. But it is better to marry than to burn. Lay not up for yourselves wives & girlfriends upon earth, where rust doth corrupt, and theives break through and steal.

And again, like they say, "I've got a help, but I'm not gonna jack YOU!!!!"...

But it is happened unto you according (bullinger: the standard being) to the true proverb, He goeth after her straightway, as an ox to the slaughter, and as a fool to the correction of the sirloin stockaide.

You are manifesting what is biblically known as Derec Banai Adam: ways of the sons of men.

"Why, I've got more love in mah pinky ..."

Well we did go down the San Antonio river walk to a steak place and eat steak. Seems the major I was sitting across from was from Pascagoula Miss and was one of the pilots.He was southern baptist and somehow began to talk about tongues. He was'nt speaking the wonderful works of Gawd but about it. He said he prayed to speak but never got it. I sat there quietly sit for him. He felt tongues was least of all of the gifts. I think he's the first SB southern baptist not SOB that showed any interest in tongues. He showed me some interesting things on the flight deck (the cock pit for you civilians)

Simon, unfortunately,as a pilot and the arrogance that officers carry being rich kids and a SB he did not seem to hear a word I was saying. He must have uncircumsized ears I don't know. I did try to get to him but it was for nought. As it says in Isaiah his word does not go out void and in this I a bask and stand on solid groundd.

Dat's right, flipper. The Word doesn't return void, but accomplishes what I please and prospers in the thing whereunto I sent it.

Simon hit the it on the Ann No-toe when he said just because you're the last, or youngest, in the family, it doesn't make you the least.

But do not pre-judge the rich kids. Why, there was a day when I too didn't believe the words "Holy Bible" on the outside of the book. Look at the apostle Sexie. Once she was blind, but now she's deaf.

Besides, speaking in tongues is NOT A GIFT!!! It is your operation of THE gift, Pneuma Hagion.

You need to let go and let God. Just let Him have His way with you. ... holy men of God spake as they were pushed around but the Holy Ghost ...

I hear all this talk about being channels for God, or being mediums for God. That's hookie-pookism.

You'll know when God moves you to do something. This word "move" in the texts is a verb, which connotes ACTION. But if you're not listening, you got your ear-balls all stuffed up, like our brother kingagripper, you'll be hearn' from heaven in another (allos) way ...