GreaseSpot Cafe

BAD SANTA

Tom Strange

Okay... I'll be the first...

Overall, it was between OK and pretty good... there are many many LYAO outloud moments... but... there's lots (and I mean in very large, gratuitous doses) of use of the F word as well as the S word and most of the other words you can think of... there's also lots of sexual innuendo (and sex, even though they don't 'show' anything)...

...it was pretty funny, I just wouldn't take any kids (or your mother) to see it... let them go on their own...

... I've been here and I've been there and I've been in between...

If you're really into enjoying some "bad" (or even psychotic) Santas", or just to take a break from a possible overdose of holiday cheer, check out "Christmas Evil" (a.k.a. "Terror in Toyland") released in the early 80s. The Toma productions dvd (with an peculiar audio commentary by the disgruntled independent film director) was pretty cheap. But it's a damn good campy movie and overall entertaining experience, with a cool, dissonant Christmas soundtrack (crank up the stereo!).

It belongs up there with "It's a Wonderful Life" as one of my favorite holiday "classics".

Danny