GreaseSpot Cafe

Hawaii for a month!

bowtwi

The princess and I will be in Hawaii for a month this summer. We'll be staying in a condo with friends who are going there for a wedding.

So far our itinerary includes a tour of the Dole plant, the USS Missouri and Pearl Harbor, climbing Diamond Head and lots of days on the beach. We're going to attend a lu-ow ;(I'll have to learn how to spell that word) and take a lesson in making leis. We found a church we may check out.

Oh yeah, and Blue Hawaii, of course. The kids have been watching that movie on DVD this past week and they really seem to love it! There's some tourist thing there, too.

Any suggestions on what not to miss or what to be sure to miss? We'll be there mid summer.

Oh how fun!!! You have to be sure to go the Sea Life Park. They have a Walphin there. It's a cross between a killer whale and a dolphin (this only happened in captivity, so they keep them apart now).

And, of course, snorkeling and Hanauma Bay!! The fish are the most beautiful!

Have fun at your luau! Stay away from the poi and lomi lomi salmon.

A walphin, you say? Cool, I'll try to get a picture to post. Sea Life Park - noted.

We'll be staying on Oahu. The wedding is on Kaui.

We figure we'll do a bunch of snorkeling and coral reef exploration too.

It's shaping up to be an awesome adventure.

Sounds nice, have fun.

suz:

"check out the yellow submarine..."

Or while at Pearl Harbor go see the submarine museum [they have an old deiseil boat open for tours] and go on over to Ford Island and tour a nuclear sub.

Hoorah

:-)

There is a Polineasan Cultural center [okay I know I did not spell that correctly, sorry], sponsored by the LDS, that is really good. They are open all day and you walk around through mock villiages of each sub-culture within Polynesia, then at night they do a big dinner show. It is wonderful.

I stay at the Hali-Koa on Waikiki, when out that direction. It is really nice.

Have fun.