GreaseSpot Cafe

One soul

Originally I wasn't going to post this here at all. Then I considered posting it on Roy's thread regarding the return. Now I think it deserves a thread of its own.

This is my interpretation and understanding of an article I read very early this morning.

Perhaps nothing has been as detrimental to the people as the idea of religion. If we are a religion, then some more holy, others less holy and many not holy at all.

It's a lie. We are all one. If one transgresses we all transgress along with him. When the same one stretches out his hand to give to a needy soul, all of us stretch out our arms together.

We are not a religion. We are a soul. A single soul radiating into many bodies, each ray shining forth on its unique mission, each body receiving the light according to its capacity, each embodiment playing its crucial role. Together, we compose a symphony with no redundant parts, no instrument more vital than another. And our path back towards that original source of light is through every other ray that extends from it.

A healthy body is one where every part works in harmony. A healthy people is one big, caring family where each individual is concerned for the other as for his own self. Where one faces rough times and the others hold his hands. Where one meets good fortune and all of us celebrate. Where no one is labeled or alienated for his or her beliefs, or background. Where each runs to do an act of kindness for the other and shuts his eyes and ears to the other's shame.

Roy was speaking of the timing of Christ's return. Perhaps the return is a sort of allegory. We all have spirit/soul within us and the "return" we are all looking for will occur when we apply/live/learn/understand what is written above.

Perhaps. . .

God first

Hi The Song Remains The Same

I would give a homeless person a place to lay his/her head shower or etc and have in past

but they must want help and follower my rules within my house

but not many want to stray were they can not drink or rule

but I have help one quick drinking and get her kids back and on her feet again

now this takes time and long talks with God because most are looking for a free ride but not all

it just a matter of being wise

but Abigail is talking about a spiritual hand out not fleshly one

but its the spirit that guides the flesh when every thing is in its order

with love Roy

quote:
Originally posted by TheSongRemainsTheSame:

quote:
Would you give to a homeless a shower in your home?

quote:
...What you have posted about your life, nope, I would not invite you to my home~~~

you are pretty a scary one, considering your profile...

quote:
...but you & me are something we can not go to.

These words made me think of something that happened in Alaska with the limb leader G*** Ki**.

I was about 5.5 months pregnant. Our family was living in a 12.5 travel trailer in a park alonside Knik Road (a lonely old road going from Wasilla out to the sound)...it was winter...there was nearly 3" of ice on the floor of the trailer.

We had gone into Anchorage (a trip of about 60 miles one way) to get some food from the food bank for some believers we knew were in need.

None of the believers would open their doors to us. We were "seed" according to the limb leader.

So we went to the limb leader's house. He let us in and asked, "What can I do for you?"

"We brought this food in for believers who are in need. They won't talk to us, though. We need showers. Especially my wife and daughter." my husband told him.

"What made you think anybody needs anything from you?" asked G***.

"OK, if you won't take the food, would you let my wife and daughter take a shower?"

"I can't do that for you. You're welcome to do a load of laundry or something, but you're not welcome to use my bathroom."

"Would you give to a homeless a shower in your home?"

Have done so on more than one occasion. In fact, became very good friends with a homeless girl when I lived down in Atlanta. This girl blew me away! Apparently she impressed some other folks to, cause last I heard she was going to college in Pennsylvania.

I will give money to strangers to, when I can and they have need.

And here's a wild wild story for ya. One night I was home and someone knocked on the door. Was a kid, 18 or so, said his car broke down and could we call a taxi for him. It was cold out and the kid wasn't wearing a coat, invited him in, made him something hot to drink and showed him the phone. Cab never came. Gave him a ride home.

On my way back home, I was thinking his story didn't add up - where he said he was coming from, where he said his car broke down, and how he ended up at my house, it didn't make sense. I pull up to the corner of my street and the convenience store parking lot is full of police cars. I thought, wouldn't that be freaky if this guy just robbed that store.

Ya know what, it turned out he did. Got away with it too.

But ya know, as someone pointed out to me, it could be that this could would have died in prison and would straighten up if just given the chance. Who knows what ever became of him, only God I suppose.

Roy,

"but Abigail is talking about a spiritual hand out not fleshly on"

It is both. If I hurt someone, the effects go beyond just the one I hurt. If I help someone, they may just be able to help someone in turn. Its all connected.

CW,

""I can't do that for you. You're welcome to do a load of laundry or something, but you're not welcome to use my bathroom."

Yeah, I have a tire iron and you have a flat, but I'm not letting you use my tire iron. SHEESH, even VPW taught better than that! Course what he practiced, I have no idea.

God first

Hi All

When I was first kick out of the Way I was down and out but I still talk about God and the bible to a home less guy

But on one of my worse days he bought me a coke

Now I have a home he did not but he saw a need to drink a coke and talk it help me

later he got a job and off the street

with love Roy

One night I had to run an errand late at night, and then decided to go to Wendys drive through for a frosty(naughty, blowing the diet.)

I saw a teen age girl walk by, crying, and I thought it was pretty dangerous for a young girl to be out walking alone so late at night, so I asked her if she needed help. Ended up taking her home.

She turned out to be only twelve years old--just looked older, dressed older, heavy makeup. She'd gotten in with a crowd of college kids, and ended up 200 miles from home with no money--plus the college kids had found out how young she was and were scared of facing legal consequences if her parents pressed charges, so they dumped her on the side of the road.

She called her mom, then stayed at my house until they could drive up and get her. She showered, ate, slept on my couch, and went home wearing some of my old sweats. . . I could tell her mom loved her,and the girl was so scared.

Now I have a tall curvy twelve year old of my own, yikes! If she ever did anything crazy like that, I sure would hope some kind person would help her out.

But I wouldn't invite someone into my home if I thought they might endanger my family.

"But I wouldn't invite someone into my home if I thought they might endanger my family. "

IN this day, such a deed requires great wisdom and care. Since having children I am much more cautious about such things. Doesn't mean I wouldn't do it, but there would be more thought and consideration going into it. Course, I also have three very protective dogs. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Here's another one - When I was about 19 I moved to California with my boyfriend. My boyfriend met a guy at work who was homeless. They worked together and the guy just needed a place to stay for a month or so while he saved up for a place. Well we were in that same boat when we first moved to California and were it not for the kindness of friends from Michigan we would have been in the streets. We had a two bedroom apartment anyway, so we took him in. For the next month we kept him housed, fed, and in cigarettes.

He was a wonderful house guest, cooked and cleaned without ever being asked and was fun to hang out with. One day he just disappeared and never came back. I have often wondered what became of him.

Abigail,

This thread topic, your posts...these things remind me of biblical passages...

"If you have/have not done it unto the least of these, you have/have not done unto Me."

"Don't forget to entertain strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."

Have you seen the movie "Stigmata"?

The moral of that story is that Jesus came to tell us that we are all one of another...and that the truth is within.

year2027

Posted

September 07, 2004 22:35   

God first

Hi The Song Remains The Same

I understand and I would dig a night at Hooters

and you did no wrong because you must be you and that is how we learn by talking things out

Be yourself so we both can grow and learn

with love Roy

May God the Father, Holy Breath the Mother, and Jesus Christ the Brother give you the saints the brothers and sisters of Christ love, grace, joy and peace

Wecome sat a while take you shoes off enjoy the waters of truth here the water is cool

Roy,

Like I said, I don't know what to say regarding your story. I know I would say the same thing about myself. I had no easy life either. But your words are welcome to me. Forgive me if I came off as a snob to ya dude. That was not my intent. Sometimes I become too serious my kidding around and it comes around and bites me in the a$$. And then I go, "Oh Sht, what did I say now?" And here I go a flurry of rescue what I meant to say, and realise to meself... "Damnit man, it's already been said and take that size twelve boot out of your mouth so ya don't look so muck like an idiot ennymo!"

Hey Dude Roy, them there Hooter Gals would be a Hoot. Uh Hum, uhm, well of course I just go there for the hot wings!

Rok On

Song

year2027

CoolWaters

posted September 08, 2004 06:22

{{{{{Song}}}}}

I am so very sorry that I wrote that post in such a manner that it came across as reproof and as an implication that you were involved with that Alaska stuff.

My only intention was to post a memory that your words awakened in my mind.

I am very sorry.

{{{{{{{CoolWaters}}}}}}} backatcha!!!!!

I apologise that sometimes my size 12 boot hangs up in my mouth. You posted your heart and I took it wrong. I now doubt very seriously that your words were reproof. Memories are awakened here. And then ya wonder what to do with those memories, and lo and behold the keyboards become the finger tips of ones mind according to that exact moment of memory produced/reproduced.

If one were to ever have come to my home the conditions you stated, beleive me, i would not give a god damn if they were seed or not, because you know that is BS. I would say please come in. Let's get settled here and figure out what we can do. And that ain't 20/20 hindsight either.

Because I have opened my doors to such a similar situation. And I am thankFULL the opportunity to have given them a place to shelter as well they are gratefull the mutual compassion of heart. And to this day they live an independent life. And it was not because of me, it was because of compassion and empathy and

maybe a little Ro. 1:12.

Forgive me I considered your words reproof. I get to posting 90 miles per hour and every now and then I wonder what I meant to really say.

Rok On

Song

year2027

Edited by oneyedjackswild1 ps

2life

GS Regular

posted September 02, 2004 18:20

two things...........

If anyone needs/wants to leave Florida you are more than welcome to come to our house near Charlotte!!!! We can have a party!!

We just got home about an hour ago from Vero Beach.

Monday we moved our son into an apt in Vero Beach! Our daughter has an apt. on Hutchinson Island. They both packed up and are in Ft Meyers. at the moment..........

Everyone needed to get out of the area-- but no one knew where to go!

I'm worried----- but know they will not be stupid (other than playing pool and hanging out until the wee hours of the morning when they knew they had to pack and evacuate this morning!!).

Krista is a commerical pilot -- and is working on becomming a flight instructor (to build time) at Pan Am............. Son Terry was/is going to start pilot program at Aviator (same airport in Ft Pierce). Anyway-- both schools flew their planes out yesterday.

I'm just rambling--- sort of worried------ sort of feeling stupid for not INSISTING they come back to Charlotte with us! But-- we did buy new tires-filled gas tanks- oh yeah--and one power steering pump................

Janet

kewl hearts