GreaseSpot Cafe

How Do You View Those Who Believe Differently?

Oakspear

• 2 weeks later...

18 years out of TWI, I still believe that God's Word is the standard for truth. I also believe that God's Word showed that TWI was wrong regarding such things as the law of believing, tithing applying to the church, the so-called cry of triumph, the Word taking the place of the "absent Christ", being able to pray to and talk to Jesus, the definition of righteousness, and communion wee wrong.

I also know that God looks upon the heart. No denomination, ministry, church, fellowship, or other Christian organization has the corner on truth. There are lots of Christians who may be wrong in doctrine, but very much right about their relationship with Jesus Christ. There are people in charismatics churches that may believe that Jesus Christ is God (a definite wrong doctrine) but also have a very strong relationship with Jesus. There are even Roman Catholics that have a very powerful relationship with Jesus, even as screwed up as their doctrine is.

If God looks up the heart, who am I to question.

A friend and I went to a charismatic church for a couple of years, and I thought the people were absolutely great. At least until a few of them found out that my friend and I had been in TWI. After all, there seemed to be endless debates at the trinity until I finally stopped attending. But, by and large, the people were tremendous believers.

I live in the same city where there is a drug and alcohol rehabilitation center. I have met numerous people in Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous. Some people may yell blasphemy, but I think some of the most Godly people I have met are some people involved in AA and NA.

Oakspear

Drives a WOW mobile

posted September 06, 2004 23:33

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poll Question:

Heathens? Infidels? How do you view those who believe differently than you do? How do differing beliefs fit into your world-view? (The poll choices are anything but complete!)

~~~~

man that's really again a tough quest ion oak that i even i come back to answer such a simple tough quest ion again~~~ if its Ladin... hmmm may be we should all just forgive ourselfs and live and pardon Ladin~~~~ ahhh eh nah~~~ let go Manson~~~ ha ahh ha again~~~

you ask a world of swirl that has no answers!

So say again what your answer of view how you believe differently from those