GreaseSpot Cafe

Bruce Almighty

Raf

• 2 months later...

I saw it a few days ago.

There were laughs?

Carrey's character was so unsympathetic and annoying, you just can't believe God would pick this spoiled crybaby for a little lesson in creation management, or even let him live.

Then again, "God" (Morgan Freeman, as a janitor, which rips off another movie whose title I've forgotten - Bill Bixby was in it) doesn't seem too concerned about much, letting Carrey pull the moon out of orbit to impress his girlfriend which generates a "tsunami" on the other side of the globe.

How dumb does it have to be before they look at the next script?

Couldn't watch it to the end but I saw enough to know it wasn't going to improve.

The plot failed on so many levels, you have to wonder. That's it - you just have to wonder.

Sorry, I forgot about the typhoon thing. Silly me, I was just sitting there thinking, "this is a MOVIE. No one really died in a typhoon."

Anyway, I found the movie enjoyable and quite forgettable, so I won't defend it too much. icon_smile.gif:)-->

• 2 weeks later...

But really, it wasn't a movie. It was a story told.

But instead of telling us a well-told story, it gave us old clichés, hackneyed formulas, and it wasted our time.

All of those resources, Rafael. All of that production money. All of those top writers. All of the talent at their disposal.

Bruce Almighty should have been good. They make more money in a year than you or I might in a lifetime. Why make excuses for them?

QQ

Because it was more watchable than Moulin Rouge.

Or Ishtar.

Dude, take a Percoset. Yeah, it could have been better. Gone With the Wind could have been better. Hudson Hawk could have been better.

Laugh a little.

• 1 month later...

Ok...ok...I laugh at the silly things...I thought it was a really cute movie...I bought the DVD...the out takes are pretty funny too...

Love y'all,

-Colleen

GO VOLS!!

''...show a little faith, there's magic in the night, you ain't a beauty, but hey, you're alright, oh, and that's alright with me...''

-Bruce Springsteen