GreaseSpot Cafe

Godsend DeNiro's worst

Godsend was very, very boring, underdeveloped and was two hours of nothing.

The pov was the parents who lost a child where the Doctor's (DeNiro) pov would have better told the story.

The premise was interesting but the script was lacking.

Man, if you want to be bored to death, dissappointed and unsympathetic towards any of the characters then go see this stinker...

quote:
Originally posted by Dot Matrix:

Ya know, I never watched that all the way through... So, Pearl Harbor was a stinker?

Dot,

I had recently borrowed a videotape copy to preview in the hopes of showing certain parts to my son in preparation of his upcoming school report on Pearl Harbor.

It's like watching character rejects dropped from a bad "Archie" comic strip.

One is almost relieved to see the cgi-Disney Japanese planes finally attacking, to put (only) some of these boring characters out of their soap opera misery.

I haven't gotten to the second tape yet...I may not be able to get all the way through it either (lol)! Perhaps I should give "From Here to Eternity" a shot (haven't seen that one in years).

Danny

quote:
Originally posted by Dot Matrix:

Ya know, I never watched that all the way through... So, Pearl Harbor was a stinker?

It was too focused on a love triangle to be a war movie, but with too much fighting to be a chick flick. I think their main problem is that they didn't focus on any specific type of person and instead tried to throw a bone to everyone, but ended up making nobody happy in the end.

hey invisibleDan... get "Tora Tora Tora" for Pearl Harbor info... shows it from both sides... they used an American director for the American side and a Japanese director for the Japanese side... basically two movies put together very well... it accurately shows the action and emotions from both sides...