GreaseSpot Cafe

Stargate: Atlantis

Steve!

This looks like it might develop into a really fun series.

It's a spinoff of Stargate, of course.

The first episode was last Friday night on the SciFi channel, and they spent a lot of time laying a foundation.

I'm hoping it lives up to its promise!

Stargate Atlantis has potential to be a very good series icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

I am also looking forward to see how season 8 will be with "GEN O'Niell" in command.

(I have seasons 1-6 on DVD, and waiting for season 7 to come out on DVD).

I enjoy both Atlantis and the original Stargate as weel as the movie

As a SF fan I also enjoy the similarites and differences between these series and the series of books by Fredrick Poul which I think was part of the inspiration for Stargate.

OK, Friday's episode redeemed the neurotic. I hated him before. He was sort of like the Dr Smith on "Lost in Space". Still kinda is...but he doesn't double cross anybody. LOL

I can't believe they took the whole hour fixing the jumper and getting that bug off of Shepard. Hopefully it picks up.

McKay always was a d*ck on SG-1, but compared to the rest of the cast, at least he's a little more of a three-dimensional character.

As far as the latest 2 episodes go, it's extremely common to have entirely-contained episodes early on in a sci-fi series. You have to do that to establish the main characters before you throw them in with too many sapient enemies. Expect to see more branching out later on in the season.