GreaseSpot Cafe

Ray

Raf

• 4 months later...

I watched this last night on PPV.

Jamie Foxx was amazing in the way he captured Ray's mannerisms, gait, and overall personna and, naturally, Ray's music was phenomenal, but I was kinda disappointed in the writing.

The story was O.K. I guess, but so many scenes were corny, obivious Hollywoodizations and so many story lines just petered out in the end with no resolution or explanation of what eventually happened that I was somewhat perplexed when it ended so abruptly.

See it for Foxx's performance and Ray's music, but don't expect much from the content, 'cause that's lacking. Not horribly so, but it just strikes me as somewhat amateurish in the screenwriting department...

George, You're right, it was corny. But I loved it anyway. I'm not sure what it is, but I've seen a string of movies I've really enjoyed over the past few months. Sideways was the best -- it was funny, and sad, and silly, and intelligent -- but Ray was a close second.