GreaseSpot Cafe

The Incredibles

Zixar

I knew it was going to be good, since Pixar hasn't made a horrible movie yet, but I never thought I'd say this about it:

Best. Superhero. Movie. Ever.

They might as well just shelve the Fantastic Four movie, because Pixar just made an excellent one (if you substitute a speedster for the Human Torch)

Pixar has always been able to create convincing characters, but the sheer humanity of everyone in the Parr family swells to the forefront. Even though they're superheroes, they have all the same crappy problems you do, and superpowers aren't a bit of help.

It is the first PG-rated Pixar film, but only because some of the situations may be a bit suspenseful for very small kids.

As much as I loved the Toy Story films, I do have to say that The Incredibles is Pixar's finest film to date. Highest recommendation.

I'd say it's fine for most kids 5 and up, or if they can handle a bit of scary stuff like the plane crash sequence. Kids may not get some of the more adult jokes, like at Bob's insurance job, but there's enough action to satisfy them.

yeh, I'd say it's okay for little ones that age too. I've heard from a few other families where it was enjoyed, some parts are more easily understood by adults but the characterizations are great, easily recognized.

No way, Sudo! A triple plus? Not so sure. If you've seen "The 3 Stooges Go To The Moon" you know what I mean, or "Beavis and Butthead Do America" or any of the great classics. But A ++ yeah, definitely. I'll place it right up there with Spiderman 1 and 2. It's that good, maybe....maybe even better in parts.

I don't go to movies much either, maybe 6-7 a year. Maybe more. But with the bigger, comfy seats in our local mega plex, it's downright relaxing. I keep meaning to catch more flicks, might make it an '05 resolution.

Sudo: I didn't say it was the best movie ever, merely the best superhero movie. In my 25-year comic-collecting history, no other movie has come as close to the mark. While the first two Superman, Spider-Man, and X-Men movies were all excellent comic book flicks, The Incredibles still beats them all for characters, plot, humor, and action.

In my opinion, of course.

• 3 months later...