GreaseSpot Cafe

Has anybody seen "What the Bleep ?"

reikilady

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't like it. Of course, I went in expecting something more scientific. Instead, it was not completely accurate, and it was extremely thin on the science front. Also, they don't identify the "experts" until the end, and I was suprised to learn that the fat blonde woman was supposedly channeling a scientist.

Mr. P, I can understand how you feel, I was disappointed in the Ramtha thing and totally aghast to find out my little bro is really into her and her videos.

Candace Pert, on the other hand is world renowned and very knowlegeable on the mind-body connection and her conclusions are very scientifically based. I highly recommend her books.

ReikiLady, I loved the movie. It wasn't as in depth as I would have liked and I feel like I need to see it several times to get the most out of it. They have a website www.whatthebleep.com and my little brother gave out books from the site for Christmas to all of us. I really would have liked to have gotten the one on water crystals that he gave to a few relatives, but he gave me the what the bleep book. I'ts good too! I'd love to talk to you about it. CoolWaters and 2Life liked it as well.

When the movie first began and kept flipping back and forth I thought it would be awful to deal with all the scene changes. It's a movie that is designed to make you think.

I don't think that the blonde was "channeling" a scientist. The power of our thoughts has been documented to really have an effect on our lives and actions as has the power of prayer on people, places, and situations.

A negative attitude can make things so much worse than they really are. I like the animation they showed about what was going in the brain. When I start thinking negatively, I sometimes imagine the cute little pink guys getting knocked down by the negative thoughts.

These ideas are not going to be for everyone. I am glad I took the time to see it.

Belle it would be great to talk to you about the movie. It is one that needs to be viewed more than once. It was playing in Omaha and a friend of mine suggested we go. It was very unusual how I happened to be at the right place and the right time to see the movie.

I have not studied Ramtha in depth. I take what I like and leave the rest, especially when it comes to channeling. Sanaya Roman and Duane Packer have written some great books while channeling and they are written in a very postive way.

Reikilady, Cool! I'd love to chat. Maybe we can make a "phone date" or "IM date" to talk sometime. Oak has my e-mail addy.

If we IM, we could also invite CW and 2Life to join in. I'll just have to refresh my memory on the movie a bit beforehand.

I know Candace Pert is a firm believers in chakras and how they affect our health and how our mind and thoughts affect our chakras. Is that related to reiki at all? I also have an aunt that is into reiki, but haven't gotten to talk to her much about it at all.

I have a ton of questions! icon_biggrin.gif:D--> Can you tell??

Now that could be an interesting conversation!

I have seen this movie a few times and am still amazed that it is in 'main stream' theatres!

I did like what JZ Knight had to say in the movie--I dont know/remember what she could have said that would be controversial. Could it be--hummm..thoughts cause an erection?

I have gotten Ramthas School of enlightment info for years (that tells ya the mailing lists that I am on!) but for some reason it never appealed to me. But I am always surprised at the IQ's of those that are 'involved!!

whoops---that might be the answer as to why I'm not!

Along these lines ...beliefs create realities .. (not the channeled entities part!).....we (husband and I) did the Avatar courses which presents this stuff in a very experiencial and practical manner!

And I gotta tell ya----It made our lives HUGH!!

there are Avatar mini courses that can be downloaded for free at www.avatarepc.com. Doing them.. Actually DOING (as opposed to just READING them)the exercies can lead to some incredibly unexpected results!! And you might be laughing all the way!! And signing up for the free journal is pretty neat also!!!

Janet

Okay, Ladies! Do y'all have Yahoo IM or AO Hell IM?

I'll PT y'all and CW and we can make a "chat date" to discuss this cool stuff "Live".

If anyone else wants to get in on the chat just PT me. icon_biggrin.gif:D--> HA HA HA - sneaky way for me to actually get some PTs. icon_razz.gif:P-->