GreaseSpot Cafe

Custom Avatar

Finz

I was pulling my hair out. I even attempted using the forum-images spoken about earlier in another post. Still didn't work.

For now I'll be this Glider thingy but it "really isn't quite me".

Thanks again, Ex!

Thanks Steve!

The avatar I was interested in ishttp://www.greasespotcafe.com/forum-images/dolphin.gif' target="_blank">

I realize this might not work because of the size restriction. It is also animated.

Thank you kindly for your assistance and time. And to Ex also for making this contact on my behalf. I am still trying to get the names down here let alone what everyone's expertise is.

Finz coffee.gif

I just downloaded some gif software and made the file smaller and then put it on my business website and the avatar worked. I was also just looking into some site hosting. (any suggestions there would be appreciated too!) Just took me awhile to figure it out. I appreciate the url and you must have reduced the size for me also. I'll see where I want to put my stuff and I'll switch the url once I get that set up. At least I can have some personality here now, hee! Thanks. ~Finz

I was able to get the dolphin to work "as is" as my avitar.

Just for giggles, try this link.

http://www.customadecomputers.com/dolphin.gif

I saved it to my web site and linked to it as an avitar. It worked for me in the test forum.

I don't think that size is a factor here for avitars. My "golf swing" is saved as 134 X 106 pixels and it automatically gets resized when it displays here.

let me know if you have any questions

RB

dolphin.gif

Steve... It looks good on ya.

I agree with you that the URL may have been entered incorrectly.

Finz, it gets entered differently depending upon where you are going to use it. If you want to use it as an avitar, Go into My Spot | Profile | Click on your avitar. Then under "Custom Avitar" all you have to do is enter the complete url beginning with http://...

If you are going to use it within your signature, you will have to enclose the url with (IMG SRC=" ") (substitute the ( ) for html brackets )

Between the " "'s enter the url where the graphic is stored.

Hope this helps.

RB

Edited by Guest

Thought you could use some time on the range and groove that perfect swing of your avatar.

golfballs.gif (hopefully this one shows up if I have the address correct)

If ya need another bucket let me know. Guess they're free here at the GS. What a deal.

Cheer-io - Finz - I'm going for a swim . . .

• 1 year later...