GreaseSpot Cafe

Last chance pet in Atlanta

Dot Matrix

773.jpg

This poor dog is an owner surrender. Rather than the owner take it to a rescue they took it to a "kill shleter"

Anyone in Atlanta interested pls call.

Call the shelter at (770) 467-4772.

Shawn*

SCAS Code: A04-773

Primary Breed: Retriever

Secondary Breed: Mix

Date Picked Up: 04/01/04

Thursday is the last day to adopt.

icon_frown.gif:(-->icon_frown.gif:(-->icon_frown.gif:(-->icon_frown.gif:(-->icon_frown.gif:(-->icon_frown.gif:(-->icon_frown.gif:(-->icon_frown.gif:(--> How sad Dot... icon_frown.gif:(-->icon_frown.gif:(-->icon_frown.gif:(-->icon_frown.gif:(-->icon_frown.gif:(-->icon_frown.gif:(-->icon_frown.gif:(-->icon_frown.gif:(-->

Wish I lived closer, I'd take 'em both!

A few months ago my kids left some dog chow on our side deck because our *%$!^&*%$@ neighbor never lets his dog in, and they were afraid he would starve. One morning as I was getting the kids on the bus there was this old hound dog mutt eating the food. She was emaciated and was clearly abused. Her teets would drag the ground like they just used her to breed and cast her aside. She had these beautiful sorrowful eyes and she just broke my heart. Long story short, we named her ''Old Lady'' and she sleeps on a blanket next to the woodstove in our family room every night.

I'm such a sap! I'd adopt them all if I could.

Dot,

I just adopted another dog on Saturday. I read about her on a rescue website and drove 3 hours each way to go get her. She is a "middle aged" (the vet's description) chihuhua with horrible teeth and a knee that will probably require surgery. She had been abandoned and was scared to death. I have had her for a little over 24 hours and she is snuggled next to me sleeping peacefully. She is such a sweetheart.

Shelters and rescue orgs are such a great thing and a wonderful way to find amazing animals. Thanks for spreading the word and caring about the animals that need families.

• 1 year later...