GreaseSpot Cafe

How to keep the fold in line

George Aar

Here's an interesting (read "shocking") item that came up in Cecil's column ("The Straight Dope"):

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/050401.html

What particularly struck me was the last line in the article, explaining why the members put up with such horrific abuse - "the victims accepted the premise that the twists in charge could send them to perdition and that, in the end, submission was their only choice."

Sounds so familiar. Well, to everyone except Oldies, maybe...

interesting how fearand shame motivates isnt it?

Gosh I think I realize Mr. Aar, doesnt believe in Jesus or God, but on many items we agree and I sit on the witness throne of being a christian . it is funny , but good.

Jesus talked to the woman with the seven husbands come on is that a whore or what? He healed her and told her to sin no more no words of locking up just to "be sure" it never happens again or paying pentence to the nuns in the bible.

also in the old testiment ESTER one of my favorites USED her beauty to save her people. by Gods order!!!!!

some of this religous crap is more removed from how God understands us as people than questioning what it all may mean ya know?