GreaseSpot Cafe

Way Brain Attack!

Nottawayfer

CULT: among the definitions of cult includes great devotion to a person, idea, or thing....

Not to list all of the definitions from my dictionary, but suffice it to say that by the denotative use of the word twi definitely IS a cult. I think Garth was speaking to the negative connotation the word cult carries.

In our society at large the work cult is 'a four letter word' just shy of curse word status. People (some) WILL judge you and think differently of you should you reveal involvement in a cult; past or present.

Its a shame because denotatively 'everybody' is in one sort of cult or another. Oprah's book club, missionaries, Boys & Girls Scouts, my karate class - - ALL cults. "Everybody" is afraid of religious cults, they do carry a negative, as in dangerous, connotation.

As a matter of perspective, nothing, no not any of the worst things twi did or does is new to the world of religion. The same things are happening even as we speak in churches all aver this country.

It is definitely, IMO, a way brain attack to give twi, especially in their current state 'high' status. I'm not saying this to diminish any suffering any have recieved at the hand of twi in any way, shape, or form.

All their talk of superlatives... Hogwash.

I believe a person should do everything in their power to rid themselves of any semblance of waybrain. Be as 'normal' as you can be.

I'm thinking that giving too much credence to, and overly acknowledging "waybrain thinking" as "waybrain thinking" is in itself WAYBRAIN. I've always thought, since leaving twi that the best way to break the pattern and "STOP the madness," if you will, is to ignore it.

I'm out, I'm away, why look back? I've moved on in my life. Looking back can be a sign of a desire to connect to it and can also maintain connections a person may not wish to have.

Don't get me wrong. I'm saying ignore it in this sense:

I've been known to say of each of the women I was once married to, "She's such a liar, I wouldn't believe her if she told me my name was HCW!" In other words, I just don't give her a place in my mind.

As it applies to waybrain, I think like this; any "waybrain" logic that even crosses my consciousness, I don't acknowledge it as "waybrain" I acknowledge it as yet another crazy thought that may have crossed my mind... ad dispose of it accordingly.

To me, crazy is crazy and disposed of is gone, no matter where it came from. Twi is all about control. I've taken my power back

quote:
I had to think of a "What If" scenario if she decided to start witnessing to me. I don't want to be involved in another group who separates themselves in any manner from other religious groups and who does not practice the one Body of Christ. This is a really important aspect to me right now.

If you want a "what if" scenario -- ask the JW lady why she will go to a communinion service, and when both the bread and wine are passed her way, and she refuses both, say "How come you you pass both the plate, and the cup on to the next person, without taking a wafer, or a sip of the wine?"

I was at one of those sevices (once), and it scared the hell out of me, when I heard the reasoning behind it.

quote:
I'm thinking that giving too much credence to, and overly acknowledging "waybrain thinking" as "waybrain thinking" is in itself WAYBRAIN.

And -- HCW -- I will (respectfully) disagree with this statement, since acknowledging mistakes made in the past, and trying to rectify said mistakes made, does not constitute thinking along the same patterns, one formerly engaged in.

icon_smile.gif:)-->

quote:
Originally posted by HCW:

CULT: among the definitions of cult includes great devotion to a person, idea, or thing....

Not to list all of the definitions from my dictionary, but suffice it to say that by the denotative use of the word twi definitely IS a cult. I think Garth was speaking to the negative connotation the word cult carries.

HCW,

People who consider themselves "free thinkers" consider any religion to be a cult. But they do not recognize that their rabid, evangelical atheism makes them as much of a cultie as the worst wayfer.

It is just that instead of being involved in the cult of VPW, or the cult of Roman Catholicism, or the cult of Stalin, they are involved with the cult of atheism.

Of course, if confronted with this, they will vigorously deny that they have any religion. But, in doing so, they are simply affirming a key article of their religion's creed.

Having said that, I think that your idea of considering any "waybrain" logic as simply a crazy thought and disregarding it as one of the healthiest thoughts I've ever heard expressed on this board.

quote:
People who consider themselves "free thinkers" consider any religion to be a cult. But they do not recognize that their rabid, evangelical atheism makes them as much of a cultie as the worst wayfer.

Actually, I have heard a good number of atheists openly and directly deal with this very issue; ie., being radical and blindly loyal to atheism by those who are so certain that there is no god, and/or that religious people are 'mentally ill' for believing in 'some sky daddy', and have heard various atheist individuals chastise those 'fundy atheists' for acting in such a rabid manner.

And keep in mind that atheism means simply a 'non-belief in any god or spiritual being'. Period. Nothing more than that.

There are those (and I know of quite a few) atheist who will say that they don't have proof that there is a god; they just don't believe that there is until it is proven to them. There are different levels of atheism/agnosticism, and even I-don't-care-if-there-is-a-god-ism (more formally known as apatheism).

Just a little information for you to help get over your ignorance of atheists/agnostics/other freethinkers.

icon_cool.gif

quote:
Originally posted by dmiller:

quote:
I had to think of a "What If" scenario if she decided to start witnessing to me. I don't want to be involved in another group who separates themselves in any manner from other religious groups and who does not practice the one Body of Christ. This is a really important aspect to me right now.

If you want a "what if" scenario -- ask the JW lady why she will go to a communinion service, and when both the bread and wine are passed her way, and she refuses both, say "How come you you pass both the plate, and the cup on to the next person, without taking a wafer, or a sip of the wine?"

I was at one of those sevices (once), and it scared the hell out of me, when I heard the reasoning behind it.

What IS the reasoning behind it? Inquiring minds want to know! icon_smile.gif:)-->