GreaseSpot Cafe

My Cool Story....

ChasUFarley

I was in Wal-Mart a couple of days ago, talking with another new mom. Her baby was the same age as mine but mine is about twice the size of her daughter. I made the comment, "Thank God for formula!"

She got a strange look on her face, reached in her cart and pulled out a bag.

"Do you want these?" she said. She had two large cans of formula in the bag. She explained she had received them as shower gifts but did not need them. Since she did not have a receipt, she couldn't even exchange them. It was over $40 worth of formula - she was just giving it to me!

Somedays it feels like the world is going to hell in a handbasket - but then there's cool stuff like this - what's that saying, 'Random acts of kindness' ??

So neat Chaz....my daughter and I had something kindda similar happen today.....

We have been scrimping and saving trying to get the needed equipment for our new method of horse training.....the genuine stuff is extremely pricey and daughter and I have struggled....anyway, someone called me today and said that the piece we needed (a genuine parelli halter) had been sent annonymously to us!

What a blessing.....

Then I stopped at a yard sale with only three dollars left in my pocket.....there were a lot of really pretty clothes in my youngest daughters size......I was hemming and hawing over the best way to spend my money when the lady proceded to take everything off the hangers that would fit (over 20 dollars worth of clothes and shoes) and stuck em in a couple of bags for my measly three dollars :-)

(I hope that it was ok to add my cool story here with yours)

Very cool ChasU,

But I have a question, are you saying that your baby is twice the size of her same aged baby because of "formula"?

My four kids were all big and healthy as babies, but were all raised on mothers milk, and later switched to fresh goats milk at 12 to 15 months.

Really, I am just curious. Is there some sort of "common knowledge" that "formula babies" are bigger and healthier than "Mama's milk babies"?

Curious in Alaska... icon_smile.gif:)-->

quote:
But I have a question, are you saying that your baby is twice the size of her same aged baby because of "formula"?

You obviously have never tried breast feeding...

No, my son is big because his parents aren't "petite". He also EATS a LOT - his intake is over a litre a day....

THANK GOD I DON'T HAVE TO PRODUCE IT!

get it? :-)