GreaseSpot Cafe

The Bible is the revealed word and will of God

Jim

Jim...I think I understand what your asking but the phrase itself "The Bible is the revealed word and will of God"...was the mantra of Veepee Wierwille. Just hearing that phrase triggers an entire way of thinking...and I left the world of "waybrain" a long time ago.

My ideas about the bible today have very little in common with the fundamentalist approach made by Wierwille. I think there is information in the bible that can help a person realize and experience truth...but as far as twi's approach to "biblical accuracy" and dotting every "I" and crossing every lambano...I think Wierwille took it to an extreme and used the bible in a way that was not "intended".

quote:
the phrase itself "The Bible is the revealed word and will of God"...was the mantra of Veepee Wierwille. Just hearing that phrase triggers an entire way of thinking...and I left the world of "waybrain" a long time ago.

Exactly! I couldn't get the phrase out of my head and I couldn't really understand whether I believed it or I was brainwashed. That's why I thought it would be an interesting poll.

that was the alleged philosophy behind TWI

i say alleged because apparently some poor schnook used the keys to understanding the word

about the subject of fornication and adultery

and all of a sudden people started disappearing

freaky!

is that what was supposed to happen?

I believe the Bible is God's word, but not in the same way I did when I was in twi.

Textual criticism is a new field to me as is Church history and apologetics. So while my research is not that comprehensive, my early conclusions still lean toward the affirmative.

Jim...I see what you mean. I think perhaps we are hitting on one of the reasons that a lot of folks turn away from God when they leave twi. It took me awhile before I was able to seperate what I really believe from what twi packaged and called their own. These days I am more inclined towards trying to be a good Christian than I am in "working the word"...The early Christians had no new testament to read or classes to take...they relied on their own personal experiences with the holy spirit.

Wierwille "queered" the entire Christian experience by turning it into a step by step program...turning spiritual experiences into mechanical excercizes, removing Christ from his active position as head of the body, and turning the bible itself, into an object of worship.

When I read about Christ dying on the cross...I don't think about whether there were 2 or 4 that died with him...I don't study the Greek words to determine the exact useage of a certain word...I don't break it down gramatically or refer to the bullsheeta text...I simply think about Christ dying on the cross. I try to focus on what is being said, not how it is said.

The Bible is the Word and Will of God, but anyone can distort it to their own gains. My personal opinion is that almost EVERYONE in the USA distorts it at some point. Why do I specify USA? Because for some reason Christians don't see what atheist know about the word's accuracy. Curious? This is a whole other ball game that will not only incite controversy, but is a truth that most can't handle.

Welcome to the cafe, signals! icon_smile.gif:)-->

I'm curious. Please tell me about the whole other ball game. I know that many of the OT stories are eerily similar to many other stories told by various and sundry countries about THEIR gods and such. I know that there are some things in Christianity that are wrong, but were never "corrected" by the church and now the history of the errors is so far gone that people wouldn't believe they are wrong....

Thanks for the welcome, Belle. The 'other ball game' has gotten me in trouble at other sites. It's kind of like banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif!

Trust me, no one chooses to see it or acknowledge it. All I am going to say is read and interpret Mark 12:13-17, and think how this applies to atheists beliefs.

Instead of me sticking my foot on my screen, you do it for me! wink2.gif;)-->

quote:
Originally posted by nervecurve:

Signals,

Do you enjoy this bitterness? It is our choice how we think.Deliverence is possible if you want it.

Please enlighten me where you sense bitterness in this one. If god is telling you these things, he isn't my God! Again, how much in $ figures is your deliverance going to cost, and which demon are you???

PS, nervie,

My post wasn't written to YOU! Some Christians are so nosey, aren't they? icon_smile.gif:)--> You're reading other people's mail, and like the good know-it-all Christian you are, you feel you that you know what's best for everybody!

Sorry, pal, I hooked my wagon up to that Heaven's Gate years ago. Fool me once! Again, demon, who are you?

Signals,

You say that your post was not written to me?

Is this not an open forum? For all to see and reply?

My reponse was not to one post by you but many I read. You are consumed with bitterness from something you say happen to you 25 years ago. Do you think this is God's will for us to live so long with this unresolved and eating away at our thought life?

God's desire for us is peace in our minds and this only happens by forgiving those who hurt us and let the past be no more a burden and get past it!

It can happen it is up to us.

Only the God of this world wants us in bondage.

Our God is a God of love and forgiveness and only He can sae us free.

quote:
Originally posted by nervecurve:

It can happen it is up to us.

Only the God of this world wants us in bondage.

Our God is a God of love and forgiveness and only He can sae us free.

Hey, nerve, why do you keep exposing yourself. It is obvious that you are from TWI. god of this world is something that again is 'Way lingo', you know the kind that mindless believers were subject to!!! It's obvious who your master is, and I wouldn't put it past TWI TO SEEK ME OUT AND KILL ME!

But trust me brother, you are being exposed as I type!

Signals,

Jesus Christ said He was the Way the Truth and the Life does that make him a so called Way man? Because He spoke the truth?

Bitterness can be overcome and deliverence is what our Heavenly Father wants for our lifes!

No matter what has happen to us.

Hey nervie thanks for enlightening me. I'm bitter, huh? You know what, wayman, your right! I am bitter! So between a lawyer and psychtherapy who'll flip the bill? Talk to me in a few years and it may be you who is bitter.

Psychotherapy costs a lot of money, do you mind if I bill TWI? Brain-washing, mind-controlling terrorist tactics can leave a lifetime of scars, and I don't think falling back into that trap of your word will help. We were deceived, manipulated and held against our will...how much psychotherapy will it take to fix it since YOUR god showed his colors. Lawyers work wonders, even to bring a darkness to light, and I am blessed to have three lawyers in my immediate family...*KAH-BURN!*