GreaseSpot Cafe

Revival of Window and Cleaning Business

Sweetpea

Is there anyone with neww tips on these businesses?

After trying to work for many different companies from large to small in FL, I have decided to start this again from nothing. Itr has been almost 20 years since I successfully did this in the Washington, D.C. suburbs when I was in the you know what. You can even email me privately about this.

You need to speak with Igotout. He is the Undisputed Master of the rise and expansion of The Real Clean Window company. He hangs out at the Ninth Corps thread alot. He even has a website with pictures of his ownself dangling off of highrises.

BTW, did you work with Charley Young in DC Metro?

My uncle would say that apart from getting b/a in twi the best thing he got out of it was how to wash windows.

He washes mostly domestic, suburban houses he picked up from doorknocking.Lots of elderly people who are now regular customers, he brings in over a grand a week and turns down new work.

Window cleaning, introduced me to Carpet Cleaning which introduced me to Fire and Water Damage restoration which introduced me to full construction which introduced me to environmental services, Mold, Asbestos, Lead, Mercury which is leading me towards heavy cleanup of Bio Contaminants. All from Window Cleaning and the Way. My 17 year old son is starting his own window cleaning biz right now.

New products yes!! Windex and FullerBrush have new products that attatch to a garden hose and dries the window clear from the ground up, no more ladders or extension poles. Also new invention glass cleans by the heat of the sun.

Best biz in the world window cleaning. 20.00 worth of equipment, only overhead is your gas to the job and repeat loyal customers.

Kingservices.com is my web site.

Mike K

My Son came up with a slogan that I really like you can use it on your cards if you like.

" Your Pane Is My Pleasure "

Residential seems the be the hot market in the south, 35-100$ an hour is not unheard of but of course skill and speed play a part too. There isn't as much competition in residential due to all the extra care you got to take in a clients home and that can be a pia. Commercial work is great bread and butter but with gas as it is I prefer one or two nearby stops for the money instead of 20-30.

wave.gif:wave:--> Sweetpea,

I don't do windows. Whaahahaha

Buuuut I operate an interior trim/remodel/handyman business.

Been involved construction since 1975.

My best closing technique is a Photo Resume. I have over a thousand photos displaying many types of work performed over the years. This "tool" never ceases to amaze me or the client.

I can certainly share with you simple closing/networking techniques that impress the potential client to become YOUR client. For $19.95 icon_biggrin.gif:D--> you will recieve~~~

I don't have customers ~~~ I have clients.

"Blue Booties" offer first & lasting impressions.

Never ever shake your potential client's hand unless they first offer.

When on phone with a potential client, listen to the background: dog barking, baby crying, water running, lawnmower, hammering, etc.

Don't ask for directions. All ya need is an address and map quest.

etc x's etcedra x's etcedra.

My Dad LP was a Master Painter and operated for over 40 years. My brother now runs The Co. It's a small company and so is mine. My LP rarely passed out a card. Clients just seemed to appear via word of mouth. My Brother Man & I live in different states so we don't work together icon_frown.gif:(-->

My sister (Sis) operates a small window cleaning business. Sis is of the leisurely countenance and never lacks for clients because of my LP's ongoing business. She probably works maybe if she wants 25 > 30 hours a week and brings home comfortable bucks.

I dig discussing business. I consider my work art even if I am just replacing a toilet paper holder.

I noticed your location is FL,USA. Well, well, my 20 is A1A east of Jax., ya know ~~~ The Oceans Edge.

If you are close by, I can certainly give you a name or two for contact. If so or If not, I can certainly help you as aforementioned, & how to incorporate, become Workers Comp Exempt, and all those type of requirements to operate legit which will increase your clientele base. Oh, I can also help you bid jobs. wave.gif:wave:-->

Seems to me Sweetpea, you have support here this thread of yours. icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

Rok On

The Master Carpenter

Song

icon_cool.gif

All material is guaranteed to be as specified, and the above work to be performed in accordance with the drawings and specifications provided for the above work, and to be completed in a substantial workmanlike manner for the agreed sum of____________