GreaseSpot Cafe

TWI - A time to sell?

igotout

To quote this newspaper article:

Without Walls buys Carpenters Home

"Without Walls, the trendy Tampa congregation that claims 15,000 members, was looking for a place to establish a second congregation in Central Florida. Their Tampa location would be the headquarters, while the second church would be a satellite. From there, they would target the Lakeland and Orlando areas.

In Lakeland, Carpenters Home was having some problems of its own. The church built a $12.5-million auditorium with 10,000 seats in 1985. But in the past 15 years, attendance dwindled to 2,000, barely a sprinkling of folks in their massive sanctuary.

At a recent conference, an idea emerged: What if Without Walls bought the auditorium at Carpenters Home Church?"

That is what took place last week. Without Walls paid $8 million for the auditorium and its adjoining property.

With all due respect.... TWI, you are like the "Carpenters Home" of Ohio. It is time to be realistic and sell or give away the lemon of a ministry you have. To do otherwise is an injustice and a waste of the ABS of the current household believers.

John Richeson

Tampa, FL

Edited by igotout

You guys still rattling around in that huge auditorium? How can you justify paying for the maintenance on that monster?

I'd wager to say that it would be more cost efficient to hold Sunday teaching services back in the BRC again.

It must be embarassing to hold meetings in that cavernous auditorium and fill up, what, the first five rows?

They probably make them fill the front rows rather allow people to spread out. "You, sit in the middle of this row between those two really big guys."

Got to have it look good for the camera, which will only point its lense as far back as the fifth row.

I bet they still only offer VHS and Cassette, even though it's probably now cheaper to do DVD and CD.

And who still uses VHS and cassette?

quote:
And who still uses VHS and cassette?

Why Bob, didncha know that they only use Betamax? LCM's God Breathed Choice for video recording? ... Which hasn't been widely used in the past, ohh say, ... 20+ years??

banghead.gifconfused.gif

icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

What's DVD? redface.gif:o-->

My one and only trip to HQ was about two years ago. We took the longest, most boring, most uncomfortable bus ride up there with one or two other buses from our region and at least one other region. With all of us there the balcony wasn't even open because they didn't need the space. I don't even think the whole bottom section was filled, it might have been pretty full, if not totally, but the balcony was definitely empty.

With them not enforcing the 250 mile radius so much now, it's probably really empty when the regions aren't forced to crusade there. Thank God I'll never have to do that again!!