GreaseSpot Cafe

Controlling Way Brain

Belle

justloafing..."...I ran back to my room at the hotel and threw up."

Hardly a thing for an "optomist" to do... icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

...But yes, there is much crapola in the subconscious mind that sneaks out once in awhile...the biggest shocker for me was when I finally was talked into going to a church...this was years ago...(I've been out of twi for 18 years)...I actually thought that I was over waybrain until I heard this preacher start talking...immediately, my mind dismissed him as not knowing jacksquat about what he was talking about...I crossed my arms and copped an attitude!...Afterwords, I was shocked at my own thought processes...I confronted the entire issue of "biblical doctrine" in my mind and dealt with that issue...it took time...I'm no longer a know-it-all, in fact, quite often I feel foolish for believing many of the things that I believed for so long...

I have simplified my faith within myself and no longer feel the need to be a "biblical scholar"...

So...does "waybrain" ever really leave, in it's entirety? Probably not...But it does become extremely marginalized and unimportant...remember the old saying, "use it or lose it"? Well...as you denounce waybrain for what it is...and begin thinking about things differently...you do "lose it"...the memories of that perspective and that way of thinking remains...(until Alzheimers kicks in)...but that's ok, because it's what enables your bull.... meter to operate more efficiently. wink2.gif;)-->

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:
Catcup,

are you in any way involved with a high profile splinter group of TWI?

I answered the above question previously by saying:

No, I am not. I do my own thing and enjoy my independence.

Your response:

"I have reason to think you are involved in his ministry!"

Now, you ask another question:

"Hmmm So you not involved with high profile splinter group called you know?"

If I read you correctly, you now are asking if I am involved in a splinter group called "you know."

Well, no. I am not involved in a splinter group called "You Know."

All from Song on the previous page:

quote:
Catcup,

are you in any way involved with a high profile splinter group of TWI?

"So How is Geek? Still rumbling around in Tipp?"

"How Is Rev Shroyer doing?"

"But I think you know Shroyer better than I these days.

I have reason to think you are involved in his ministry!"

"It's just if someone leaves TWI and becomes involved in a splinter group seems suspicious/questionable appearing on a thread

"Controlling Way Brain"

Know what I mean Catcup?"

Hmmm So you not involved with high profile splinter group called you know?

"...come on Catcup you know what i am saying to you"

"Catcup ,

i understand

that you deny your involvement with a splinter group TWI?"

"CFF"

"Catcup,

You can truthfully say you are not in any way involved with a ministry via John Shroyer?"

Since I truthfully answered the first question and you continue to follow me around asking the same question in various ways,

I do think this is sounding more and more like an inquisition.

I would hate to think you are so dense you cannot read my clear response, or are so intent on an inquisition that you refuse to accept the truth when someone tells it to you.

My dear Song, with all due respect, your line of questioning would be better suited for a private topic. icon_smile.gif:)-->

Catcup contributes a lot to this board and I respect her thoughts, experiences, knowledge and willingness to share of her life here. Please don't antagonize her and derail my thread.

I am reallly struggling with distrust issues and anger issues because of years of "reading between the lines", listening to b.s. propaganda and being manipulated by very talented wc. I would like very much to hear how others have overcome this and how they deal with it if it still comes up in their personal lives.

Justloafing, I had a similar experience to yours. I participated in a small group "Purpose Driven Life" study with the church I sometimes attend. It was in the homes; small groups; watching a video and then discussing it afterwards. The whole premise of his book became obviously performance based religion. It was disgusting. One night as we watched the video, I made notes on everything he said that was wrong and the scriptures that backed up my counter points. I let loose after the meeting then went to my car and bawled my eyes out all the way home. I quit going to the groups and told my group leader why, but it didn't change or lessen my anxiety, hurt and anger at sitting through the same b.s. I'd spent so many years in.

Spoken from my heart, Catcup. icon_smile.gif:)-->

I know that Geek and you have done a lot to dispell the errors taught in TWI and that any similarities, in your situation, would be from "holding on to the good" from your perspective. I can respect that. I also know how much time GSpot can take up icon_biggrin.gif:D--> and, as a result, I'm so thankful for everyone who posts here. It helps not only newbie outties like me, but long time outties and the lurkers. The impact we make on others can not be measured and I know that from years of lurking.

I suppose some of those speach techniques can be used for good, but for me, for now, they are evil and manipulative when I recognize them and I have to really work my brain and emotions to not blow up.

quote:
am reallly struggling with distrust issues and anger issues because of years of "reading between the lines", listening to b.s. propaganda and being manipulated by very talented wc. I would like very much to hear how others have overcome this and how they deal with it if it still comes up in their personal lives.

quote:
I made notes on everything he said that was wrong and the scriptures that backed up my counter points. I let loose after the meeting then went to my car and bawled my eyes out all the way home.

Good for you for standing up--It was rough for me to gain 'my voice' and say "hey this is all bull****', whn I first got out, because I had swallowed so much of it- it was difficult to discern which way was up and down at first, and then my response had been so controlled for so long that I didn't know how to really effectively (or smoothly) confront BS without setting myself in disarray....for me it was a stumbling and falling and walking and dealing process that took quite a while..There was no GSC in those days to help and I too didn't know who or what to trust --if anything--and didn't for along time...

The BS meter slowly got calibrated, I think alot of it had to do with building healthy and genuine relationships with real people who had real ups and downs, real moods, real life

and dealing with them over time and seasons that trust and understanding started to evolve.

I am still not the most trusting person in the world (I always keep one eye open after my TWI experience) , but my distrust of people is less and less and mostly at things that I really shouldn't trust anyway with as opposed to the misplaced trust and distrust of past years , if that makes any sense.

My bs meter is pretty good, after all I sat at the feet of one of the bs masters of the 20th century, and most people aren't nearly as complicated.

Its a process, learning how to have healthy relationships helped me a lot--that and about 10 years of therapy wink2.gif;)-->

I'm glad Catcup posts here. She has helped me discover many important points to help me over the past two years. I think we need to be careful not to attack people the way the Way did when we were with them, SONG.