GreaseSpot Cafe

How do you look at the Word of God?

God first

God loves you my dear friends . Let me greet you with all the love of Christ in my heart.

Now the subject “How do you look at the Word of God?” When I was in the Way Ministry which was a church or wolf and sheep clothing. They taught me to look at the word in very few ways.

One of the ways they used was a straight line. But I have soon learn to look at the Word of God as a circle never beginning and never ending but not just a circle but a 3D circle.

A ball that is clear which has many balls inside that way be seen as a 3D ball and all its layers. I see a never ending without beginning ball with never ending layers all at on moment of time.

I was all so taught to look at the Word of God as black and white but I have long learn that true color with many bits is must better. I want to see all the details in great focus. The grains inside the grains of the Word of God or the spiritual view of its many tones of light.

More or less every word to all its spiritual greatest on my life. Yes there is right and wrong but with every right there degrees of right and I want to be right to the purest right with no gray areas.

Now we will not be perfect today and every way but we must at least try and try again because if we do not try then Jesus Christ is not Lord in our lives. So lets have Jesus Christ Lord in our life as a clear true color 3D picture in our hearts.

Thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

quote:
Originally posted by year2027:

God first

As a work of literary art which can serve to inspire and nourish our souls - but not something to be served and worshipped.

quote:

More or less every word to all its spiritual greatest on my life. Yes there is right and wrong but with every right there degrees of right and I want to be right to the purest right with no gray areas.

No, Roy - "gray areas" are actually quite good! From these we gain the most - otherwise- wouldn't we be back to "black and white" thinking?

In my personal observation and opinion, there seems too much emphasis on "righteousness" or "being [always] right" in Christianities. This unfortunately translates most often than not into the outcome of "self-righteousness" which renders Christianities such the snobby turn-off commonly perceived.

quote:

Now we will not be perfect today and every way but we must at least try and try again because if we do not try then Jesus Christ is not Lord in our lives. So lets have Jesus Christ Lord in our life as a clear true color 3D picture in our hearts.

But the Good God Jesus took compassion upon us and loved us in our most "imperfect" forms.

Will He love us less should we fail to not do "right" - or "change"?

Otherwise, His "Love" would appear vain and meaningless...

It's interesting that the parallel to Matthew's "Be perfect as your Father in heaven"

is clarifed by Luke's "Be compassionate..." - in short, take pity and emphathy toward others, as He did and continues to do with us.

I think that's the kind of "perfection" Jesus was talking about - to simply do all we can to love others - not us to become spiritual Arnold Swarzneggars, flexing our righteous biceps.

Our own flaws and imperfections can actually help us better to relate to others more than any supposed notions of perfections arising from religious self-righteousness.

Such has been my personal observation.

Kindness and Friendship to you-

Danny

God sets high standards. But he also offers to bring us up to those levels if we would only submit to him.

As we open ourselves to his love, we reflect his holiness and his righteousness to a sin-wracked world.

The problems come when we get smug about our lofty positions and think we got there through our own goodness.

God first

Beloved The Invisible Dan

God bless your heart

WOW you put it clear my friend I just hope others read your loving words

thanks

Beloved Def59

God bless your heart

You are on the point too my friend

Yes God helps

• 4 weeks later...

if there was a 'word' of god given to man by god, i would view and read it with reverence.

unfortunately that is not the case.

all we mortals have is a hand ful of "books" written by some ME cave men palmed off as the word of 'dog'supposing to be its 'truth'

HA!!!! i scoff and .... on these so called epistles.

i used up my old bible long ago for toilet paper on several camping trips.

THATS! how i look at the so called 'word'

God first and last

Beloved Think Fish

God loves you whether you know it or not

Let me tell you The word of God is living

And I and others are not Mortals but sons of God brothers and sister to Jesus Christ

Your words are evil and you will have to answer for them one day unless you ask God and his som for forgivness

with love and a holy spiritual kiss blowing your Way Roy

quote:

I have not read the bible since my TWI days because it is full of empty promises. Even before my M&A it was a real task to sit down with it, especially when preparing a teaching. It was difficult proclaiming something I no longer believed in.

There are individual versus that are inspiring to me. But I do not look to it as guidance for living my life any more than I do a book of poetry. There are times when I think about verses in a situation, but I also use ideas from psychology books, or from something I heard in a movie.

Edited by Stayed Too Long

I can relate Stayed Too Long...

I don't want to sound condescending or anything like that. That darn book stayed closed for me too. The only bible I used was the one on my comp when I was posting something.

Regardless, I do not believe God thinks any less of us because of our reaction to what we were subjected to. And to how we deal with it.

I don't want to sound preachy so that's about all I can say...

God first and last

Beloved Stayed Too Long

God bless your heart

I understand your action and your words

I went for over a year without reading the bible but by heart still wanted to do what was right

I think it does not matter how must we read the word or talk about but what matters is what in our heart

God knows what the evil Church the Way did too us out of worldly Greed

will that all now

Beloved CM

God bless your loving heart

thanks

I had to disassemble that which was put into me by other people. And go by common sense and that which was very clear to me.

And it seems that doing so and finding really who and what i care about has brought me further then where I thought it would.

To this day i do not look much into the scriptures. I've had enough of reading it. Time for seeing it. It's burned into my brain enough to know what was written. It takes more in my opinion to see it living.

Not to discourage the reading and learning of the scriptures-which includes more then the kjv, but to see it work in my mind. To really get a taste of what it's talking about.