GreaseSpot Cafe

Ever forced them to clean up their act?

learning

Nope. I think we were instructed (coerced to believe) that something like that would just not be the loving thing to do, to say the least.

Seems they hated the government. Any kind of governmental involvement- that it was downright evil or something.

The poor staffers probably could really put the screws to them, if they had a mind to.

Maybe the staffers could clean it up another way..

The Vey's second greatest fear, UNION.

The Vey would have to do some REAL creative legal wrangling to try to "fix" that.. can't just fire them for asking for union representation. At least legally..

http://insidehighered.com/news/2005/05/13/carroll a College faculty union drive by the UAW: "And on the religion question, the decision noted that the Presbyterian Church does not own the college or its facilities, appoint trustees, set the curriculum or campus rules, or play a role in hiring. So the ties to a religious group, the ruling said, did not come close to where a union election would raise First Amendment issues."

In other words TWI could (perhaps?) fight unionization saying it denies them 1st ammendment rights?

well, im no lawyer

Interesting. Seems that the major objection to one attempt was that the professors were too involved in a managerial position.

You could hardly say that for staffers in TWI. Seems there are only five real managerial positions in that whole outfit.

But it would be fun to watch. All the staffers would have to do would be to go to UAW or something, I would imagine. No lawyer fees, no nonsense.. and I bet the union would LOVE to work the SOB management over, just for the fun of it.

Can you imagine their response? "Well, they are our slaves, biblically speaking. We have the right to do with them as we see fit..."

Things would get straightened out, one way or another.

A visit from an OSHA representative would be interesting, likewise.

From what I understand, all they need is ONE phone call from a distraught "member" or "non-menber" for that matter.

Since TWI is an employer, they MUST comply and allow said inspection.

The employee does not even have to leave a name on the answering machine.

Unless there has been significant changes in that place during the last 7 years, there is a readily apparent lack of any kind of handicap entrances and the such. Could be a pretty big mess.

They use 1 Cor 6 to discourage settling things in a court of law. The All*ns were spoken very ill of for taking their "problem" to court instead of getting it taken care of "in the household".

Believers just aren't supposed to sue believers. It says so right there in the Bible. icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

I do know that after the lawsuits they had to change the way they were assigning "household duties" outside of the regular work-week because people were working 60+ hours a week doing their "regular" jobs and their "household" duties. Not sure how they changed it up and I'm sure it probably wasn't a whole lot better, but at least somewhat.

They also increased the pay scale, but again, I don't know by how much. I believe this, too, was as a result of the lawsuits. This is probably why they began the pathetic little joke of a retirement fund also.

Someone from HQ staff would be better able to answer those questions, though. I would LOVE to see them go union. Imgaine all the benefits and better treatment they would get. Maybe we should send information on starting a union to some staffers......naw, they are so blinded they would never even consider such a thing.

Nice how the "pick and choose" what they want. What about "the laborer is worthy of his hire" and "thou shalt not muzzle the ox that treadeth out the corn"?

They have violated the mandate of love, even in the law, for so many years, I would say enough is enough. Let the "unbelievers" court system have em.

What can they do? Fire every stinking staffer and start over? Have Li**er run every one of them out on a rail?

I think not.

It would be a public relations nightmare and black eye worse than anything else they have endured in the past.

Staffers have more power over them than they could possibly imagine. Perhaps they just don't know it..