GreaseSpot Cafe

Prayers Answered When You Were A WOW

J0nny Ling0

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko:

Sorry, I don't see the problem with her statement "was something I did not pray for, I had abused my body, used abortion (I don't want to hear your comments) as birth control and knew I had destroyed my body."

Clearly, Oak, if you keep it in context, she is asking that people don't jump down her throat for having, in the past, used abortion as birth control. I think that this is a reasonable request that should be honored (and remember, I am the dyed-in-the-wool Catholic who is so pro-life as to disapprove of birth control pills as a possible abortifacient)

Sorry, I don't see the problem with her statement <i>"was something I did not pray for, I had abused my body, used abortion (I don't want to hear your comments) as birth control and knew I had destroyed my body."</i>

Clearly, Oak, if you keep it in context, she is asking that people don't jump down her throat for having, in the past, used abortion as birth control.

Exactly Mark. It was part of her story. It really is an amazing story of how things used to be and how things happen to good people in this case both were good. :)

Thank you, yes, okay, I get it... :biglaugh:

I just get a little b*tchy when remarks like "I don't want to hear your comments", or "I don't care what you have to say about it" or "la la la...I can't hear you" are included in posts, regardless of the position the poster is taking. :asdf:

If her uterus got healed by a stranger at the ROA after she supposedly used abortion as birth control, hooray. I am all for healthy uteri. I am also highly in favor of guys named Rocky who are from New Orleans listening to their god and healing women at the ROA. :jump:

Youse guys have a fine Friday and a good weekend. :dance:

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you, yes, okay, I get it... :biglaugh:

I just get a little b*tchy when remarks like "I don't want to hear your comments", or "I don't care what you have to say about it" or "la la la...I can't hear you" are included in posts, regardless of the position the poster is taking. :asdf:

I know what you mean. Me too with things like that, and when someone has to start their case with "These are the FACTS", which illustrates to me that there is some reason to DOUBT their "facts".

Anyway this is why, before I respond to such comments, I put myself in the place of the person who made them to understand why it was said. In this case it sounds to me like the poster went through a terrible or at least unpleasant experience, and may be fed up with people making their judgement on her character as to how she handled the situation.

Yes, I could be wrong. Very easily, since I don't know the poster. But I would rather assume that she made the comment because of previous hurt, and not because of failure to be open minded.