GreaseSpot Cafe

Vintage Hats and Accessories

act2

As some of you know, ChattyKathy and I have a booth at our local hospital foundation charity antique show. This will be our second year.

We had a great time last year, plus it was our first time of ever meeting!!!

Anyway, I had been collecting hats for my own pleasure for 10 years, so it was easy to part with some hats....but not the hat that Linda Z gave me that belonged to her aunt. icon_smile.gif:)-->

To add excitement to what we have to offer, we need a bigger variety of exquisite vintage hats that have come from all over. Hence, we are asking for all of you who are interested to check with your moms, grandmas, aunts, cousins, and friends to see if they have hats that they are willing to part with. Since the booth costs both of us quite a bit, we won't be able to pay top dollar for hats, but are willing to pay a fair dollar for them.

ANYBODY in the GSCafe up to it????

We will post a thread of our experiences and fun while ChattyKathy is here in October.

What say you?????????!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, the hat in my avatar is the hat Linda gave me. love3.gif

Hey, Kathy... what a cool hat. I was watching an old movie the other day and the actress had a gorgeous hat on... that is the main reason that I watch old movies!!!

Yeah, I found out later the lady with the mega dollar bracelet is married to a former mayor.

How 'bout a vintage(?) wedding dress (about 1947 or so) Dress, slips, train, headpiece & veil, shoes, etc Really good condition!

I know you asked for hats, but in a booth like yours, would you run across people who were interested in a wedding dress?

If so, email me ( Psalm71one@excite.com ). Bear in mind I may not answer right away-- slow typist and not online every night.

Thanks

act2, I'm embarrassed to say that I bought a hat for you back in November. I keep forgetting I have it. It's a 1920s flapper type hat. I don't have a digital camera, but I'll try to describe it.

It's a very tightly woven straw hat that fits close to the head. Natural colored straw, like the one I gave you, except very finely woven. The edge is cut out like a curvy sawtooth pattern an embroidered in the same straw color, and there's a brown velvet ribbon woven through, closer to the sawtooth edge than to the crown, with more embroidery stitching around the holes the ribbon is woven through.

It's in good shape, except for a little light soiling (nothing serious...I think just years of dust) in a couple spots. It was made by "Mr. Milton, New York," and was sold in one of Cleveland's finer dept. stores.

If you want it, you can have it to sell, for free. I saw it at Goodwill and paid a whopping $2 for it. Couldn't pass it up at that price...someone wasn't paying attention! I figured you could either add it to your collection or put it in your next sale. Don't know if 1920s hats are popular or not.

If you think you can sell it, it's yours.

Linda

Psalm 71 One, very interesting. I will have to get w/ my partner and see what we think. Any idea of the asking price for it??? You can PM me or ChattyKathy, if you wish.

Linda Z, oh my, you are too thoughtful. I am sure that it would sell. Kathy sold a gorgeous navy blue 20's hat to my cousin, actually!!! What we found out last year, the very finest ones go first!!! I had several vintage purses and scarves and again, the finest of those sold first. And thanks, Linda, for the hat and for thinking of me. wink2.gif;)-->

Linda, email has been sent!!! I can't wait to see that beautiful hat.

I still check the movies section in our tv guide hoping to see "My Summer Story", but it hasn't been shown here that I know of.

Last year, I was invited to a doctor & his wife's house along w/ others for a 'tasting of the Gala', which means we were priviledged to taste the food that would be served at the $75.00 per person Gala on Friday nite b4 the antique show started on Saturday.

Well, yesterday, I received a call & was asked to DECORATE one of the tables (with vintage hats, etc.) for the 'tasting' this year!!! I am so excited, but nervous. The 'tasting' takes place Sept. 30, about 3 wks b4 the gala & love3.gifantique show.