GreaseSpot Cafe

Round Robin Potboiler

templelady

I think it is time we had a little fun. I think we need and old fashioned round robin fairy tale.

We had one several years ago that was great fun.

SO here is how this works you read what's been posted then add the next phase of the story with as many variation twists, characters as you want, and we'll see where we end up

I'll start this latest effort inspired by the title of a thread on About the way

Alice in Wayland

THe caterpiller sat on the Queen Ann style chair and surveyed Alice through one eye.

Alice, for her part was too astonished at the sight of the caterpiller with his glass of Drambuie in one "hand" cigarette in another while other hands were holding a red book, a blue book and an orange book.

"It's about keys I tell you, all about keys" said the caterpiller

Alice, wanting desperately to go home said "you mean keys to get out??

"No, no" said the caterpiller "keys to get in"

Alice asked "get in where?"

And the caterpiller replied, "to the more than absurd life"

Alice, feeling that at this point her life was already too absurd timidly asked, "and will that make anything better??""

To which the caterpiller replied "Better!!!, why more than better, just ask anyone--why the March Hare has taken the class four times"

Classes brought to Alice's mind books and teachers, teachers with answers, Answers how to get home. So she asked "could you tell me how to get to the classroom??"

Waving his arms in elation the CAterpiller replied.......

But.........before the caterpillar could respond, she had to excuse herself to put out a fire on the ant hill over yonder, causing Alice great and lengthy distraction.

Alice grew weary and wandered off in search of another who had heard of such mythology to see what else might be told her.

Suddenly jumping in her path was a frighteningly furry creature, the likes of which Alice had never seen nor wished to again.

"You were just talking to the caterpillar about "THE CLASS" were you not" the stranger asked.

Not wanting to answer but being afraid to not say at least something Alice opted for the truth. "Well, yes, I was and she's going to tell me all about it"

The creature looked east, west, north, south and creeping closer to Alice, said through clenched teeth "if you value your life, your family, your money, don't do it".

Suddenly from out of the brush the caterpillar's voice boomed " GET AWAY FROM HER YOU REPROBATE".

Alice jumped with such a start, as the stranger bound away.

Shaken by this exchange, and still needing a way home, Alice decided to continue her search for the classroom.

Suddenly, a Card carrying a bucket of paint ran by.

Alice sat down with as plop,

A card, the JAck of clubs to be precise, twice as tall as her, carrying a bucket of paint???

Just then she noticed a white rose, splashed with red paint lying beside her...