GreaseSpot Cafe

Anyone read Kurt Kahler's book?

Jan

It would be nice if someone who feels there are errors in Karl's book would put together an index of sorts... a listing of what they feel the error is, and what they feel the truth is.

I'm not suggesting this to be critical of Karl's book in any way. I think he's done a great service to the EX community. But I wasn't in twi until much later, so I have to accept his accounts as accurate. If some of what he's written can be "updated" I, for one, would gladly pay to get my hands on that information.

Granted, many such "corrections" can probably be found here among the threads, but it would be nice to have it all put in one place, and tied back to Karl's text.

Radar? Anyone?

Edited by TheHighWay

quote:
It would be nice if someone who feels there are errors in Karl's book would put together an index of sorts... a listing of what they feel the error is, and what they feel the truth is.

I think that would be a great idea. Highway. Not from a discrediting POV, but many people lived, how can I put it, "varying truths" in TWI through the years.

Some truthful and factual accounts contradict from one person to another. Some things were taught as "truth" in one area and in another were taught the opposite... Some things are a matter of an individual's perspective...

Still other things were passed on to people who believed what they were told but the tellers themselves weren't "right" in what they said.

I don't think you can fault Karl. Even if he has an axe to grind and it motivated him to write.... Who didn't?