GreaseSpot Cafe

Bus explodes in Texas exodus

outofdafog

I just heard a blurb about this on the weather channel right before I left for work... they didn't know the cause but said there were multiple fatalities... oh my, these poor people. Seemingly doing everything right in the evacuation and then stuck on the highway in 100-degree heat for days, and now this... geez.

Hello folks,

The new forum looks great. Will post if the electricity stays on. We are on the fringes this time, but last time was a mess (I'm less than an hour from New Orleans but north, thank God).

Houston area had 4 times the number of people trying to evacuate than we did. I have many friends/family there, and keep them in our heart-felt prayers. There are lots of good people there, and many believers.

The levees have broken again, and we are swamped with people--no gas, and few provisions for extra people. Just got power and phone not long ago, but no TV, so I missed the bus explosion thing, but it sounds bad. We'll just ask God let's not have no more of that kind of thing--and recover as quickly as possible. Will try to add an attachment--it's 674 kb--hope that's not too big. But it kind of says it all about some of what we had to deal with after the storm. Enjoy.

-cjlo2

looter__s_choice.bmp