GreaseSpot Cafe

Merry Christmas

Oakspear

Per Catcup:

At some point they stopped calling them Christmas Breaks and began calling them "Ho-Ho Relo."

The Corps Director (LCM) and VPW were concerned regarding the number of new Way Corps who dropped out of the program after only 4 months, when returning home for Christmas break. The association with family who are not under the control of TWI, the reintroduction of outside media and adequate amounts of sleep and nutrition seemed to put a "pinch" in the Corps numbers at that time. So, a little "revision" of the "purpose" of this "time period" was in order.

They stopped "Christmas" for the obvious pagan reference, and stopped using "Break," because the word infers a respite from the previous activity. "Relo" or "relocation," simply inferred that even though they were changing locations, they were to continue their former activities of reality/brain disengagement.

Very true, Catcup.

No thought reform program has a 100% success rate, even the ultimate TWI coordinated program of covert packaged persuasion, the Way Corps.

So when junior WC were allowed to go home for Christmas, they got out from under the thumb of the rigid thought reform program. Sometimes this distancing from the TWI WC Root Locale, along with ample time with loved family and friends, was enough to get the jr WC to begin to resume their true historical identity, and displace the somewhat context-dependent TWI-induced, synthetic pseudo-self & pseudo-identity.

I remember hearing martinfail yelling at lunchtime announcements at WCOE about how he, lcm, busted his chops to get the jr WC “really ‘growing’ in dedication and commitment to the [TWI-defined] ‘Word’” during the 1st four months, only to have them go home for Christmas & return in a frame of mind as though they hadn’t already been ‘trained’ [victimized by thought reform] @ WCOE for the 4 months preceding Christmas.

So, as catcupper said, the cult meisters, vpw & lcm, perceived the need to somewhat redesign this aspect of this most strategically coordinated of all of TWI's programs of covert packaged persuasion.

You can bet that it was, along with the many others who left during that time year after year. Christmas break was a huge hole in the Corps program rosters until they made some major tune-ups to their control techniques.

I should have mentioned that I made that remark partly because not only did my deprogramming take place during that break, or whatever it was called, but I had been put on LOA just before the break began. this nobody should have been missing me at Gunnison, which was where I had been scheduled to go.

I've always had a slight curiosity as to whether this small potato was missed or even mentioned. Because of the above reason, I doubt it.

Edited by Lifted Up