GreaseSpot Cafe

Corps Training Before Christmas

skyrider

Skyrider,

My dismissal had to do with me breaking one of the ten commandments (I'm not gonna say which one :D ) while at the same time being very young (19 yrs old), ...

Oldies,.....don't you mean "breaking one of the FIVE CORPS OBJECTIVES?" :lol:

In all my years with twi, I never heard ANYONE talk about breaking one of the ten commandments as it related to a corps dismissal. Your response is so-out-of-character of corps training......maybe your REALLY DID LIVE IN A PARALLEL TWI...???

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Dealing with manipulation leads to several things...none of which would qualify as charadter to my way of thinking.

1. mental illness

2. victim menatality (close to #1) and difficult to recover from

3. it teaches you how to out manipulate someone who is trying to manipulate you

I certainly don't see any character in any of those scenarios.

Edited by washingtonweather

This type of evil, mental manipulation and mental/emotional intimidation was used wide scale through out the ministry at different time and different locations to different groups of people but for the same reason...to get the worker bees, drones to carry out the will of the head honchos of TWI...to keep your butt in gear and working for them.

Right before my second WOW year ended(yeah yeah I went twice plus the summer outreach program I mentioned elsewhere), the area coordinator sat us all down in his wonderful living room in a multi level house and told us that we better start making plans NOW for what we were going to doing after the ROA and our homecoming BECAUSE he said how we lived the year after our WOW year would determine the the spiritual quality of the rest of our lives....

And you know, no matter how much some want to say that all was innocent, that all was good and that all was to make you tougher and leaner...

THERE WERE NO INNOCENT STATEMENTS IN TWI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not one.

Not when a MOG spoke and you were corps or apprentice corps or WOW's, We all KNEW the unspoken and hidden (covert which is more dangerous than outright declaring something and harder to get over) meanings behind such statements....

You will get possessed.

Your family will get possessed.

Your family will die.

Your dog will die.

You will end up in a mental institution.

Your dog will end up committing suicide.

Someone you love will die in a car accident just like soososososososo

God will take his hand of protection off of you cause you're not sitting on the couch in front of the fire in the royal throneroom of the most elite cream de crap of the holy of holies.

Every statement made by a MOG was a loaded statement filled with threats, phobia indoctrination and scare tactics.

It was all manipulation, indoctrination and brain washing. Or mind control, which boils down to us simply believing it and fearing it and responding to it.

Training program, yes, you're right, training the rats to avoid the negative things we were taught to fear and keep right on running on the wheel of TWI over and over and over again.

If I am understanding you correctly, Krysilis, you are saying that you were in the corps and never heard any statements that declared, alluded to or insinuated that anyone who left the Corps, WOW field, or any type of committment was open to attack from the adversary?

That is absolutely great!

I can't point anything out to you though, cause I dont' know you and wasn't with you, more than likely, in any place you were while in TWI.

But to give creedence to my words, that I have posted, may I point out the name of this web site as in

"Greasespot".

As I said, the same theme was promoted all across the board when I was involved, not just in the Way Corps. I was agreeing with the original post that started this thread in saying yes, the same was applied elsewhere. My Corps experience did not come close to Corps 1, which I believe were the very early years? I am assuming? I don't know if the person who started this thread is from that time period, if so, maybe he can help you as he seemed to have heard it??

I am glad you didn't experience any of it.

If I am misreading you or your post, I apologize, if this is not what you meant.

Also, I would like to refer to the Advanced Class filmed in 1979 and used in subsequent Advanced Classes, where VP is right in the camera, telling you that over 80 percent of all people in mental institutions are Christians. And that the devil would like nothing better than to put you in there too.

If that is not a covert statement from a MOG, the MOG to rally up fear of 'standing against the devil' which equates having to stand with the one true ministry, I don't know what is.

Back in 1980, the ROA, when VP was teaching from the ROA stage, he talked about the armour in Ephesians. He talked about how all the equipment was designed to go on the front of the person and that there was NONE for the back. He went on to talk about those who turned against God and His Word, walking away from the ministry, had NO protection on their back.

In 1979 or early 1980,LCM came to my state and had a big meeting. He went on and on about people who turned away from the ministry. He taught that it took a devil spirit to trick people to turn away from God's matchless word, ie the ministry.

I was also told that since I signed up for PFAL and then subsquent classes, the devil would now be after me as I had become a threat to him. All people in our area was told that. I am glad that was not common.

((ps the dog going crazy and all was tongue in cheek, my attempt in dealing with a rash of memories with a bit of my own type of humor))

All in all, I still maintain there were no innocent statments such as were cited in the first post of this thread, as the person posted stated. It wasn't training, it wasn't making people tougher, or stronger or more committed. That was the point of my response.

For Christians, only the holy spirit can make you stronger and committed and more resolved; even that was taught in PFAL when VP talked about what changed the disciples from being vascilitating to bold; not some rigorous campaign designed by men.

Did anyone ever accidently say the word "Christmas" and have a ton of people turn and stare at you? Then correct you for your "idolotry"? Then squeal on you...? Then were approached by someone from the Corps to "teach" you about the REAL meaning of Christmas?

Paganism...they said...???

I just always thought Christmas was great except people had the date of Christ mixed up. That's all. Yes, yes, I know. Some of the traditions were pagan...

But at Christmas, I never thought of other gods, just Jesus Christ.

The pagan thing was not in my heart...besides...God made the trees, not pagans, so I would do as I wish with them even if pagans did the same earlier in their own way...

Gift-giving was not exclusive to pagans...

Okay, Santa Claus was a little pagan...

So I gave up believing in him last year...

...after a temper tantrum...

Krys... I heard those same threats that samurai mentioned....though they were used on me when my commitment wavered as app corpes when I got pregnant....

I was told that if I allowed the pregnancy to interfere with the committment that I had made to God, if I broke a vow made to God, then any and probably all of the above mentioned would have happen....(now THERES some fine print for ya <_< )

It all depended on where/when you were in the ministry as to how nasty you were threatened ....I don`t think anyone here is doubting that you were told these things.

No Samurai, I don't think you quite understand me. I'm not sure you read what I wrote carefully. I was specifically speaking about people I encountered coming home circa Way I vs personal knowledge of my kids coming home in Way II.

Like many things. what you encountered depended on when you were there. Not all things, but many.